28- Lilly & Jennifer & Rocco & Josie

Lilly

I was rereading old texts between John and I when my door flew open. I looked up to see Josie standing there.

"Josie, what is it?", I asked, concerned for my friend.

"You knew that Dennis is my father and you didn't think to tell me."

"Josie, I-I.."

"I thought you were my friend, Lilly, but maybe I was wrong. Neal and Jesse thought I deserved to know. They had the decency to tell me, but you didn't."

"I'm sorry. I didn't think you would want to hear anything Dennis had to say if you knew."

"That should be my decision. You weren't abandoned by your parents. You don't get to decide if I should hear him out or not. I thought I could trust you."

"Josie, of course you can trust me. Dennis wanted to be the one to tell you that he's your father. He wanted to tell you how you ended up in the system. He just wanted to get us off this ship first."

"He wants to get himself off this ship. He doesn't care about me. He could be working for Ernie for all we know."

"Josie, he does care about you. He does."

"And you know all this after knowing him for less than an hour. You know what? Go with Dennis. Since you trust him so much, you go and follow him to wherever he'll lead you. I'll take my chances here with Ernie.", she said before walking out my door.

Jennifer

I smiled as Joey handed me a cup of tea.

"Thanks, honey."

Nina began dabbing a cool towel on my face.

"You two can stop all this. I'm fine. It's only a few bruises. I'll live."

"Mom, let us take care of you. You would do the same for us.", Nina said.

"I'm so glad you're okay.", Joey told me.

I smiled and stroked his cheek.

"Me too.", I said before sipping my tea.

A knock on the door made the three of us jump. Joey walked to the door and slowly opened it. We all let out a sigh of relief when we saw Neal and Jesse standing there.

"Hey, mama. How are you?", Jesse asked as they walked in.

"I'm doing fine...Neal, are you okay?", I asked after noticing the distant look on his face.

"Umm...yeah, I'm fine.", he responded before looking at Jesse, who grabbed his hand.

"I think we should tell them too.",Jesse told him.

Neal nodded before opening the door and making a 'follow me' motion.

We all followed him to the laundry room we were in earlier.

"What's going on?"

"Dennis is Josie's father."

My jaw dropped. I looked over to see the shared look of shock on Nina and Joey's faces.

"Wh-what?! That can't be."

"It's true. We figured it out and told Josie. Maybe we shouldn't have done that.", Neal said.

"It was the right thing to do, babe."

"It doesn't feel like the right thing. She looked so mad when she went looking for Lilly."

"Lilly must've known when she brought us in here. That's why she trusted him so much.", Nina said.

"Can we even trust him? I mean, can we really trust a man who abandoned his own kid?", Joey asked.