8-Neal

The moment I was told where to find my best friend, I ran. I ran to the other side of the ship and up a flight of stairs.

Finally, I reached the door and I opened it. There he was. Standing right in front of me with his bare back turned. I saw a long purple bruise on it.

"Jesse?"

He turned to me and his eyes lit up.

"You're here.", he said as he walked towards me.

As he got closer to me, I noticed he had three bruises on his chest.

"We're all here. Mama J, Joey, Josie, and Rocco."

He gave me a shocked expression and before he could answer, our phones buzzed.

Get to the lobby now!

Jesse put a shirt on and we both headed downstairs to the lobby. Everyone was already there and soon all eyes were on Jesse.

"You're okay.", Josie said as she hugged Jesse.

"How come he's the only one who gets a hug?", I questioned.

She smiled and hugged me, while Mama J hugged him next.

"Sorry, I was a little in shocked earlier.", she said quietly.

I looked in her eyes and noticed they were red and puffy.

I could tell she'd been crying.

"Are you okay, Josie?"

She nodded and sat down next to Lilly.

The staff that greeted us before came into the lobby.

"We were told to give you the following information and then, we will all eat dinner.", A young girl spoke.

"All calls outside of this ship will be blocked. Your loved ones will receive a note saying that you'll be gone awhile.", An older woman told us.

"Nina will never fall for that.", Joey said hopefully.

I patted his shoulder.

"When the bell rings once, that means it's time to eat. When it rings twice, that means come to the lobby and three rings mean go to your room.", The man said.

The staff exited the lobby.

"I feel like I'm on a cruel reality show.", Jesse said. I nodded in agreement.

"We need to get off this ship.", Josie whined.

"No shit. It's not like this is a vacation.", Joey spat.

"Don't speak to your sister like that."

"Mom, she's not my sister. She never was."

I looked at Josie and I almost saw a flicker of pain when he said that.

She walked out of the lobby.

"Josie was right. You're an ass. I always thought she was overreacting about you, but I'm glad she got away.", Lilly said before running after Josie.

"What the hell is your problem?", I yelled.

Joey's head snapped up at me.

"Why am I the bad guy for pointing out the truth? She left. She ran. We gave her a home and that wasn't enough."

"Is that seriously what you're so angry about? Josie got away from a toxic situation.", Rocco yelled.

Jesse and I nodded in agreement.

Rocco exited the room.

"Why even bother? Come on J.", I said before exiting the room with Jesse.

"So, we're all supposed to just pretend that we're buddies? Like nothing happened?"

"Nope. Neal, I don't know about you, but when I said I was done. I meant it."

I nodded in agreement.

Jesse and I walked to our room and tried to prepare ourselves for the rest of our time in hell.