26- Rocco & Lilly

Rocco

The two of us sat in silence. The only thing I could hear was my heart rapidly pounding in my chest.

"Are you going to take it?", I asked her.

She swallowed and shook her head.

"N-no. I don't want to know."

"Josie, this isn't something t-."

"We don't need something else to worry about. I'll take the test if I survive this ship."

"And if you're pregnant, what happens then?"

"Then we'll deal with it then."

God, I hope you're pregnant.

"God, how could we be so careless? I can't even remember the last time we wore a condom.", she said quietly.

I looked down at her and stroked her hair.

"Josie, you act as if us having a kid would be the worst thing in the world."

She rolled her eyes and sighed.

"We are trapped on a cruise ship with someone who has been stalking us for years and is literally trying to kill us. I got shot today and Jennifer is still missing. Where in all of this do you think a baby fits into?!"

"We're going to get off of this ship and when we do, we can finally have our own family like we talked about."

"Rocco, I was 16 when we made that plan. Things have changed. I've changed and so have you."

"I know that, but we're finally together again and w-.", I began to say before I realized something.

I pulled away from her and stood up.

"Rocco? What's wrong?"

"Did you only forgive me because you think we're going to die?"

She tried to keep a straight face, but she failed miserably.

"I didn't see a reason to stay mad at you anymore. We could die any moment here. I do love you. I-I...",she trailed off as her eyes watered.

"Josie, I don't want this until you can forgive me."

"I don't know how, Rocco. I look at you and I feel nothing, but love and gratefulness for you, but then sometimes I just remember how I felt when I found out what happened between you and Nina. I think the reason I can't get over it is because I never really dealt with what happened. I just left and pushed it to the back of my mind, and let it get buried with all my other problems."

I sat back down beside her and rested my hand on her thigh.

"Then let's deal with it. Let's talk about it."

"Do you remember anything from that day?"

"I remember being in bed and Nina came in. We were drinking and the next thing I knew Nina was on top of me and I pushed her off of me, but she was so persistent. Jo, I was so drunk. I wasn't thinking. The next thing I remember is Joey waking us up. Nina ran out of there so fast and then Joey was chasing me. God, I was so afraid when you walked out your room and saw us fighting. I wanted to tell you myself. I wanted to tell you that I don't give a damn about Nina and tell you how much I love you, but it was too late. I had already lost you."

"I was scared, Rocco. While I was packing my stuff, I just kept thinking that I wasn't enough for you. At first, I thought that maybe you and Nina had been sleeping around for awhile and you finally got caught."

"Josie, you will always be enough for me. It was a mistake. The worst mistake I've ever made."

"I talked to Nina before I left and she told me she was sorry. I was too angry to care that she was sorry. I felt so hurt and alone. I didn't trust anyone after that. Not until I met Lilly."

"Baby, I'm so sorry I hurt you and I am going to spend every day for the rest of our lives making it up to you.", I told her.

She looked up at me and nodded slowly.

"I know.", she said before leaning over to kiss me softly.

"I love you so much, Josephine."

I pulled her into my lap, unbuttoning her jeans.

"I love you too, Morocco."

Lilly

My phone beeping pulled me out of my thoughts.

I looked down and saw I had a message. There was a picture of my boyfriend, John. He was lying in bed and was clutching a framed photo of the two of us.

I miss you too.

Come to the lobby if you want him to live.

Please, no. Oh god no.

I nearly ran to the lobby and was greeted by a staff member.

"You must be Lilly.", he said.

"And you must be one of Ernie's minions."

"Try hostage."

"Wait, all of the staff members are hostages?"

"Only a few of us. Most of them are Ernie's family."

"Ernie has a family? I thought he was an orphan."

"He was adopted by two complete psychopaths who had no business raising a kid."

I nodded in understanding.

"So, do you know why he took you?"

"He has my daughter and I'm going to do whatever I can to make sure she's safe."

"Your daughter's on the ship?"

He smiled weakly and nodded.

"Her name is Josephine."