11- Jesse

"Is it safe to come out?", I asked Neal, who was peeking out the door.

"We're clear."

We both scurried out the laundry room. I finished buttoning up my shirt.

"You know you're going to have to come out to your dad at some point.", I reminded him.

"Where's the fun in that?", he said before kissing me.

I smiled at the memory.

"What are you smiling about?", Neal asked before lying down next to me.

"Just thinking about how much I love you."

"I love you too."

I pecked his cheek and snuggled into him.

"Do you think we'll get off this boat?"

"I hope so, babe.", he sighed.

"There are so many things I still wanna do."

"Like what?"

"I wanna finish med school and travel the world saving people. I want to cure mesothelioma. I wanna get married and have a few kids. I want to try sushi."

Neal smiled and kissed my forehead.

"We are going to get off this boat and I'm going to be right beside you when you do all those things. We're going to get married someday and have a family."

"Neal, we've been together for almost eight years and you haven't even come out and you want to plan a future with me."

He smiled at me and got off the bed. He grabbed the jacket he was wearing earlier and dug in the pocket and pulled out a tiny black box.

Oh my god.

He dropped down on one knee in front of me.

"I bought this the day you disappeared. I was going to make you your favorite meal and I bought your favorite wine. I didn't know how to ask. I can't put into words how you've changed me for the better and how much I love you. When I was taken, I was afraid that I was going to die, but when I finally laid eyes on you, I wasn't afraid anymore. You make me fearless and strong. You're my world, Jesse and I was hoping you would do me the honors of becoming my husband. Will you marry me?"

He looked at me with watery, pleading eyes.

"Of course I'll marry you!", I said as I dropped down in front of him and kissed him.

He opened the box, revealing a beautiful silver band.

He slipped it on my finger and then kissed it.

"We can't hide anymore.", I told him.

He stood up and pulled me up.

"Come on. Josie and Jennifer are the closest thing we have to family on this boat. They'll be happy for us.", Neal said while leading me out our room and down the hall to Josie's room.

I felt myself getting nervous. I never exactly hid my sexuality, but I never told anyone here before.

Neal didn't bother knocking. He opened the door.

Josie and Rocco were yelling at each other.

"-Did you even consider how heartbroken I might've been, Rocco?! You cheated on me!"

"I made a mistake! You just abandoned me! I lost the love of my life and best friend on the same day!"

"Oh my god.", I blurted out.