Chapter Fifty Six - To the Night Children

"Simon, can we talk?" asked Maia.

"Yeah" said Simon, getting up. The both of them went into one of the room on the side.

"So..." Maia started.

"You don't have to say anything" said Simon, "I get it truly. I do"

Maia smiled "So... friends?" 

"Always" said Simon.

"So as friends, can I ask you a question?" 

"You just did" teased Simon.

Maia laughed, "Well another one, do you like Izzy?"

"I don't know" said Simon honestly, "I really don't"

"Well she likes you" 

"How do you know?" Simon asked.

"Call it women's intuition" said Maia.

"We should go back" said Simon, trying to avoid furthering this conversation.

"Yeah" said Maia, the two of them went back into the room and took their places. The few people that gave them sad looks stopped as soon as they saw the smiles on their faces.

[HOTEL DUMORT]

[Nighttime. There's a chique party going on. Heidi enters the room and raises her glass.]

HEIDI: Excuse me, I'd like to make a toast. Everyone in this room should be proud. Proud to call yourself a vampire. If that makes people afraid, then let them be afraid.

"It's vampires like her that give them a bad name" spat Maia.

[Cut to a bedroom, where Raphael is sitting on his knees next to the bed. He makes a cross with holy water. Heidi's voice continues off screen.]

HEIDI: We should never, ever be ashamed of who we are. [Cut to Simon standing by a fence, waiting.] The days of being locked out are over. If they don't let us in, then we break down the door. [Cut to the Jade Wolf surrounded by police. Zoom in on Griffin, standing behind police tape.] Anyone who stands in our way will face the consequences.

Everyone sighs.

[Cut to inside the Jade Wolf. The police is examining the scene. Lt. Dwyer speaks to Detective Greer.]

DWYER: Is that silver?

"The police will have a fun time with this" said Luke, sighing.

"There'll have no idea where to start" said Laina.

GREER: Looks like it.

[Heidi continues her speech off screen.]

HEIDI: The Downworld is ours for the taking. [Cut to Heidi.] The Shadowhunters have had their day in the sun, but our night has come. It's our time to rule. To the Night Children!

"Lets see them try to keep the peace in the Shadow World" said Maryse, annoyed.

"They've no chance" said Izzy.

[Heidi raises her glass, everyone in the room does so too.]

ALL: To the Night Children!

"Is everyone a 'children of' something?" Ron asked.