Chapter Sixty One - City of Glass

[JONATHAN'S APARTMENT]

[Jonathan is questioning the Seelie Queen, who's seemingly happy with her kidnapping. She is strapped to a dining chair.]

"Why does she seem happy?" Jace questioned.

"Who knows when it comes to the Seelie Queen" said Laina

JONATHAN: You know, usually, when people are kidnapped, they scream, they beg. Why are you smiling?

"Because she's a psychopath" said Izzy bluntly.

SEELIE QUEEN: When you first came to my Court... I thought you nothing more than an impetuous child. But you're a man now, aren't you?

JONATHAN: Perhaps you shouldn't have underestimated me.

"She's the only one" said Laina.

SEELIE QUEEN: A mistake I can't possibly make again. Never in the history of the Seelie Court has someone managed to do what you have.

JONATHAN: Well... I can't take all the credit... Your Highness.

Clary looks down.

[Clary approaches them.]

CLARY: If you two are done flirting–

JONATHAN: I wasn't flirting.

SEELIE QUEEN: I was.

Everyone laughed.

CLARY: We have to attend to the matter at hand. [to the Seelie Queen] Your people have something that belongs to us. So, why don't you use your birds and your bees to tell the Seelie Court to hand over the Morning Star sword.

SEELIE QUEEN: And if I don't comply?

[Clary slaps the Queen in the face. The Seelie Queen gasps and is taken aback.]

"Oh my god" said Laina, trying not to laugh.

"I hate most of the things that I'm doing, but this. Not so much" said Clary happily.

SEELIE QUEEN: I'd expect this behaviour from a proper Morgenstern... not from you.

[The Seelie Queen giggles a little.]

CLARY: I am a proper Morgenstern... just like my brother. After all... [goes to Jonathan and wraps her arm around him] We are one.

Everyone lets out a deep breath.

[TITLE SCREEN]

[PARK BENCH]

[Magnus is sitting on a bench. Asmodeus approaches him and holds out a pretzel.]

"I would die for a pretzel" groaned Izzy. A pretzel popped in front of her.

Everyone else stating what they wanted, and the food appearing in front of them.

ASMODEUS: Here, Son. For your strength.

MAGNUS: Don't call me "son."

[Asmodeus sits down next to Magnus.]

ASMODEUS: But that's what you are. And I'm your father... sworn to protect and care for you through all of eternity.

"Because that's the first thing on his mind, protecting me" said Magnus sarcastically.