Chapter Sixty Four - HP - The Twins Who Lived

Everyone was shocked - they had actually finished. They knew it would happen sometime but now it was here is was surreal.

"So" said Remus, "Who wants to read?" 

"I can" said Luke, picking up the book.

Mr and Mrs Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much. 

"Who?" Laina asked.

"My aunt and uncle" said Harry.

They were the last people you'd expect to be involved in anything strange or mysterious, because they just didn't hold with such nonsense.

"They don't do they?" said Rose darkly.

Mr Dursley was the director of a firm called Grunnings, which made drills. He was a big, beefy man with hardly any neck, although he did have a very large moustache.

"He sounds handsome" said Izzy, scrunching her nose in disgust.

"Iz, don't judge someone on their looks" reprimanded Maryse.

"Usually I would agree with you, but in this case his looks are a perfect display of his personality" said Rose, and Harry nodded in agreement.

"And you live with them" said Tonks, her voice filled with pity.

Mrs Dursley was thin and blonde and had nearly twice the usual amount of neck, which came in very useful as she spent so much of her time craning over garden fences, spying on the neighbours. 

Maryse shook her head, she didn't sound very pleasant.

The Dursleys had a small son called Dudley and in their opinion there was no finer boy anywhere. 

Ron, Fred and George started laughing.

"Boys" reprimanded Molly, although it sounded half-hearted.

The Dursleys had everything they wanted, but they also had a secret, and their greatest fear was that somebody would discover it. They didn't think they could bear it if anyone found out about the Potters. 

"There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Potters" said Remus.

"Nothing" said Sirius.

Mrs Potter was Mrs Dursley's sister, but they hadn't met for several years; in fact, Mrs Dursley pretended she didn't have a sister, because her sister and her good-for-nothing husband were as unDursleyish as it was possible to be.

"Poor Lily" said Molly.

"James is perfect good" said Sirius, "And who wants to be 'Dursleyish'?"

"No one does" said Fred. 

The Dursleys shuddered to think what the neighbours would say if the Potters arrived in the street.

"I don't think that's something they ever wanted to do" said Alec dryly.

The Dursleys knew that the Potters had two small children, too, but they had never even seen them.

"But you're their niece and nephew" said Maryse.

"They didn't care" said Rose, "We're magical, and they hated that"