Chapter Eighteen - Malec

A/N

The one we have all been waiting for, I am so exited to write this

[THE INSTITUTE]

[Izzy and Laina are instructing the people for Alec and Lydia's wedding.]

Alec's shoulders sagged, his wedding to a ........... woman

ISABELLE: Bring the flowers out to the wedding tent. 

ADELAINE: Oh, put the lilies up on the dais, and lay the rose petals at the entrance.

[A woman carrying blue and gold drapings comes up to Izzy and Laina.]

WOMAN: Isabelle. Adelaine, which color do you both like better? It's for the curtains adorning the wedding tent.

ISABELLE: The cobalt blue. It's elegant, masculine...

ADELAINE: [Hums] It's very Alec.

WOMAN: I'll put the cobalt blue out right away.

JACE: How are we supposed to get any work done with all this going on?

"We haven't had a wedding in the Institute for years, people are going to be exited" said Izzy

ISABELLE: We haven't had a wedding here in years. People are allowed to be excited.

A few people grinned.

JACE: We need to focus. Have you both narrowed down the list of warlocks more powerful than Magnus Bane?

ISABELLE: We've got it down to 20.

[Izzy, Laina and Jace look at the monitor, which shows 20 warlocks.]

ADELAINE: But it's gonna be hard to figure out which one cast that spell on Jocelyn.

JACE: I don't care how tough it is, we've gotta find him. Back at Renwick's, I let Valentine go. I won't make that mistake again. We gotta wake up Jocelyn, in case she heard anything about his plan.

ISABELLE: Have you spoken to Alec?

Jace tensed up, and Alec looked at Jace apologetic. But Jace ignored it.

JACE: He's probably busy, what with wedding plans and all. And I don't need to talk to anyone. Let's just stick to the mission, okay?

Laina put a hand on Jaces shoulder.

[TITLE SCREEN]

[THE INSTITUTE, INFIRMARY]

[Clary and Luke are watching over Jocelyn.]

CLARY: She looks so peaceful now. I just wish I knew how to reach her.

LUKE: It's gonna be fine. I'm sorry, Clary. We should've told you everything before this got–

CLARY: Luke, we can hash all that out when we wake Mom up. The important thing now is that we have her back.

[Alec approaches them.]

ALEC: I'm looking for Lydia. Have you seen her? I don't mean to interrupt or anything.

CLARY: No, stay for a minute.

LUKE: I gotta get back to the station. Call me if anything changes?

CLARY: Yeah.

[Luke leaves and Alec walks up to Clary and Jocelyn.]

ALEC: So, how is she?

CLARY: The same, I guess. Alec, I know you and I don't always see eye to eye on things. Actually, we never see eye to eye on anything. But I do want to thank you for everything you've done to get my mom back.