Chapter Twelve - Major Arcana

A loud sound woke everyone up in the morning. As everyone woke up they realised that there was showers and clothes in their rooms they all got changed and walked out, They saw a massive table littered with different breakfast foods. There was a note reading ' ENJOY '. They all ate a made idle conversation. After they finished the screen blared up again.

[MAGNUS' APARTMENT]

[Clary, Jace and Magnus are in the living room.]

CLARY: I know where the Cup is.

JACE: Come again?

CLARY: The tarot cards. My mom, she must have painted them years ago, but the Mortal Cup has to be hidden inside the Ace of Cups. The card looks exactly like it.

"Oh my God" said Izzy.

Everyone looked at the screen exited.

[Jace and Magnus look at each other.]

CLARY: Wait, why aren't you guys happy about this? All we have to do is find... Dot.

JACE: If Dot had the cards when she was taken, we don't have much time. If Valentine gets his hands on the Cup—

MAGNUS: We know. If Valentine started creating Shadowhunters or gained control of demons, it'd be like Beyoncé riding on a dinosaur through Times Square. People would notice.

A few people snorted.

CLARY: But he can control demons. I've seen it.

"paying demons off is easy" said Laina

"When the hell is thiis going to sound normal" asked Clary

Laina shrugged.

MAGNUS: Mmm, paying off a few demons is easy, especially since they rarely survive long enough to collect.

JACE: Still waiting on Valentine's thank-you card.

MAGNUS: Opening the gates of hell, that's a little more tricky.

[Luke enters.]

LUKE: Valentine doesn't have the cards. I do. They're in my desk back at the precinct. When Clary went missing, I went to the loft and I cleared everything out, 'cause I didn't want the Circle to track her.

CLARY: That's great. This should be easy.

MAGNUS: Mmm, that's what General Custer said.

LUKE: Magnus is right. Valentine has spies everywhere, even in the NYPD. We have to be discreet.

"You do not look discreet Luke" said Simon shaking his head.

CLARY: Discreet? You look like something out of The Mummy movie.

[Magnus laughs.]

LUKE: We'll go in the morning. Werewolf healing, remember? This is nothing a couple of hours of beauty sleep can't fix.

[MAUREEN'S HOUSE]

[Simon and Maureen are laying in bed. Simon is trying to get his arm back from under Maureen. Maureen turns around.]

Simon flushed.

Clary and a few other people laughed.

SIMON: Hi.

MAUREEN: Okay, who are you and what did you do with Simon?

SIMON: Simon? Never heard of him.

MAUREEN: I'm serious. I've never seen this side of you before. First, you're acting really weird, you're disappearing for days on end. Now, this. I mean, I've always thought you were cute, but last night you were... [chuckles] I don't know. You were amazing.