Chapter Fifteen - This World Inverted

[SEELIE WOODS]

[Meliorn, Jace and Clary are walking through the woods.]

CLARY:  We're not in Kansas anymore.

"Well Done Captain Obvious" said Maia sarcastically.

MELIORN: Welcome to the Seelie Glade, Clary Fairchild. The remotest edges of it.

CLARY: How did we get here?

JACE: There are entrances all through the mundane world.

MELIORN: You just have to know where to look.

CLARY: Why did we have to come here to find my father?

MELIORN: Because of your necklace. It's a Portal shard.

"I really wish Seelie's  weren't so puzzling" said Laina rolling her eyes.

JACE: Tell us something we don't know.

MELIORN: How does it work?

CLARY: When I touch the crystal and I think of someone, I can see where they are.

MELIORN: I'm curious, Shadowhunter, who knows so much about Portals, did you never wonder why this Portal shard doesn't behave the way normal Portals do?

Isabelle looked facinated.

[Clary looks at Jace.]

JACE: Normal Portals can only take you to places you've been. I guess I never really thought about it.

MELIORN: I see Isabelle is the smart one in the family. [Clary laughs.] 

Everyone laughs.

"He has my stamp of approval" said Laina in between her laughs.

MELIORN: Your Portal shard works the way it does because it's a piece of a Portal from another dimension

"How did Jocelyn get a portal Shard from a different dimension" Alec asked Luke.

"I don't know, I didn't know about it" said Luke confused.

CLARY: Another dimension?

JACE: You're saying there's a Portal in some other universe that can take us to anyone if we just think of them?

"Cool" said Sirius.

MELIORN: If you can find the only Portal still standing in that dimension, it will take you to your father.

"Yes" said Clary triumphantly.

[THE INSTITUTE]

[Alec is talking to another Shadowhunter.]

ALEC: Then they put Jace in, and that can't be, you know... [Izzy and Laina walks by.] Just, hold on one second. [to Izzy and Laina] Where the hell have you both been?

"Oh shit" whispered Tonks.

Remus who heard smirked at her.

ISABELLE: Where we needed to be. Away from you and your fiancée.

ALEC: Jace and Clary are on the run. I can't protect you if you don't tell me the truth.

"Protect us" said Laina industriously "We don't need protecting"

Alec looked sheepish.

ISABELLE: I don't need protecting. Meliorn's alive. That's all that matters.

ALEC: Just... Hey, just [he stops Izzy and Laina from walking away]... tell me this. Is there any way that Raj could have seen anything incriminating?