Chapter Fifty Eight - Heavenly Fire

[THE INSTITUTE, ALEC'S BEDROOM]

[Magnus is sitting in bed, partly under the covers. He's looking at a magazine with houses. Alec is getting dressed.]

MAGNUS: Two bedrooms, an absolute must. Spacious closets, required. Alexander.

ALEC: [distracted] Uh, yeah. Yeah, that sounds great.

MAGNUS: Is something wrong?

"Absolutely nothing is wrong" said Laina grinning.

ALEC: [quickly turns to Magnus] What? No! No. On the contrary. Everything is perfect now that you're back to your old self.

Magnus and Alec smiled at each other

MAGNUS: Well, let's not get carried away.

ALEC: I just mean now that you're healthy. So, I was thinking we could have dinner tonight, on the balcony, view of the city. The head chef can prepare something special.

"She does love you" said Maryse, "The head chef I mean"

"Why, I don't understand" said Jace, shaking his head.

"Because he didn't almost blow up the kitchen" said Izzy.

"I didn't " defended Jace.

"You did" laughed Laina, "And Izzy and Leah helped you"

Everyone laughed.

MAGNUS: Oh, how romantic. May I ask what the occasion is?

ALEC: There's no occasion. I just thought it would be nice. What? I can't do something nice with my boyfriend?

"Soon to be fiancée" chimed Rose happily.

MAGNUS: Oh. I am one lucky man.

ALEC: Not as lucky as I am. [kisses Magnus on the cheek] Okay. I'll see you... tonight at 8 o'clock!

"How cute" said Izzy, going over and pinching Alec's cheeks playfully.

"Get off" said Alec, swatting Izzy's hands away.

MAGNUS: I'll be there with bells on.

[Magnus smile fades when Alec exits the room.]

Everyone goes quiet.

[THE INSTITUTE, ALEC'S OFFICE]

[Alec is sitting at the desk. He opens a drawer and takes out the ring box. He opens it and looks at the family ring, smiling.]

"There are flames on it" said Ginny, "That's your family insignia right?"

"Yep" said Izzy, popping the p.

[TITLE SCREEN]

[THE INSTITUTE, CELLS]

[Alec is staring at Jonathan, who's still in chains and a restraining jacket and mouth cover. Clary and Jace enter the basement.]

JACE: Did he say anything?

ALEC: No. Underhill's been questioning him about the Morning Star sword, but he refuses to speak to anyone... except Clary.

"Of course he did" said Clary, rolling her eyes.

"He never gives up, does he?" said Jace, tipping his head back in annoyance.

[Jonathan makes eye contact with Clary.]

CLARY: Let me in.

JACE: Clary, if you get any closer to him, you're only gonna strengthen his power over you.