Backpacks

~ Hello everyone, and welcome to 209-Dizzy! I hope you guys enjoy reading Alice's story, please be sure to leave some votes! I love you all! ~

My heart raced as I clumsily shoved all the cans into my duffle bag. I kept repeating to myself, "you fucked up, you fucked up." Their voices were getting closer, and I knew I had run out of time. I picked up the bag and started running as fast as my feet could take me, never looking back. They wouldn't catch me, not this time, at least.

"STOP RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE AND PUT THE BAG DOWN." Their voices boomed from behind me.

"Fuck me." I said as I slowly set the bag down. As I did, it hit me. I can't let them catch me; I've gone too far this time. It would be devastating for my parents and for me.

As I slowly turned toward them, I put my hands up. Then in the blink of an eye, I turned back around and raced off as fast as I could, dashing behind the side of the bridge in the process. I could hear them yelling after me in the background, but they were far behind me now; I was already too far gone.

Soon I arrived home, exhausted, and exhilarated all at the same time. It took me about three hours to get home. Not only had I gone as far away as I could in order to perform my stunt, but I may have also stopped at a vape shop on my way back. Fake IDs are a gift from the gods. As I stepped up to the door, it swung open. My mother stood on the other side of the screen door with tears flowing down her face. My dad stepped behind her; his face was red and angry, as if he could burst at any moment.

My father opened the door, and grabbed my arm roughly before pulling me inside.

"Ow..." I remarked.

"Now is not the time to be dramatic." My dad replied as he drug my body inside the house.

As I stepped inside, the first thing my eyes landed on was the cop that sat in the living room. I recognized him from the bridge.

"How did you find me?.." I asked.

All he did was hold up my school backpack that contained the spray paint cans and flick the ID card attached to the front that contained my name and address in case it ever got lost. So much for being responsible.

"Look I..." I began talking, trying to defend myself.

"Don't even try." The cop responded.

"You and your parents are allowed 10 minutes to talk before you come with us."

"Come with you?" I questioned.

"Yes. You, young lady, are officially under arrest."