Go Ahead, Talk.

I knew I was awake. I could hear the monitors beeping, and the soft hum of the florescent lights. Something was attached to my chest, finger, hand, and wrist.

I automatically felt claustrophobic.

In spite of feeling trapped, I decided against trying to fight everything that was attached to me. I remembered what happened before, and it's safe to say that I don't want a repeat.

A few minutes after I returned to consciousness, an alarm began sounding, and soon after someone entered the room.

"Her heart rate is really high, again." Dr. Hood spoke.

"We really need her to wake up, so we can get some history on her." Another male spoke.

"I know, but I'm worried she'll panic again." Dr. Hood replied, solemnly.

"Maybe we should try to involve Ashton." The man said.

"That's a damn good idea." Dr. Hood replied, sounding a little more hopeful. I'm not sure who Ashton is, or how exactly he could be helpful. Let's just say, I'm not banking on it, and neither should they.

"I think someone, might be awake." The male spoke, calling me out. That asshole.

"Really?" Dr. Hood spoke, as his foot steps approached the bed I was "sleeping" on.

I tried to lay as still as possible, hoping to ease any of their suspicions that I was, in fact, awake.

No one spoke, and nothing touched me. So, I supposed that they were simply standing over me... which was creepy to say the least.

After what felt like forever, I broke. I slowly opened my eyes, pretending to have been asleep all that time. Yet, when I looked around the room, they were nowhere to be seen.

I wanted to get up and walk, maybe I could find out what hospital I was in. Or maybe I could call my parents. I really missed them, and wanted nothing more than to once again be home. Just as I began planning how I was going to sneak around without being caught, I realized that I was handcuffed to the bed. Those fucking cops had placed one cuff around my wrist and the other around one of the bed rails. I really was trapped.

I heard some people talking, directly outside of my hospital door. Instinctively, I flopped back down into a laying position. Trying to make it look like I was still naturally sleeping. Soon after, someone entered. Based on the sound of their walking, I assumed it was only one person.

They walked directly into the room, and straight to my bed. Then, I heard the sound of something being picked up, walked with, and then dropped.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to make you flinch." An unfamiliar voice spoke out.

They paused, as if they were waiting for me to respond. I stayed silent and still, hoping to just play it off.

"Can we talk, please?" The man asked, nicely.

Since pretending to be asleep wasn't working, I needed a new tactic.

With that thought, I sat directly up, and faced the man.

"So, you were awake." He said with a chuckle. "Do you mind if we talk?" He repeated.

"Fine. If you're so adamant. Go ahead. Talk."