Discharge

"I'll try.." Micheal said, as Ashton was pacing around the room.

"I don't care how far you have to exaggerate."

"I'll do my best Ash, but I'm not sure lying is the best option here."

"I'm not asking you to lie. I'm asking you to look and see if you can find anything to keep her here a little longer."

Michael put his hands up in defeat, "I'll go do a basic evaluation... If it'll help you sleep at night."

"I'm telling you, something is going on. I can feel it."

"You and I both know that Cal and Luke already did an evaluation and found no reason to keep her past the 48-hour hold." Michael emphasised.

Ashton let out a sigh and dropped his head into his hands.           

"She's slowly giving me more information, all of which has been concerning, but I need more time. She won't be willing to tell me everything in just 1 day."

Michael nodded, understandingly.

"If I don't find anything, there's another option here." He spoke, grabbing a paper out of a file and handing it to Ashton. "You're the head of psych here. You could always mandate follow up appointments."

Ashton glanced down at the paper in front of him, it was conditional discharge paper work. The basis was, the recommended actions must be followed by the state, in order for the "inmate" to be released. If negated, the provider could use it as probable reason to hold to patient in care.

"Genius." He said, looking back up from the paper and toward Michael.

"What can I say, I'm pretty amazing." He said, smiling and grabbing his stethoscope before exiting the room.