Nice to Meet Ya

Alice:

"Alright Alice, you're good as new," Calum spoke, turning away from my neck.
I gave him a small smile of thanks before looking back down at my lap.
I heard Calum leave the room and soon after felt Ashton sit at the end of the bed.

"What did you wanna tell me, hun?" He asked, gently grabbing one of my hands.
I thought for a minute, battling with myself in my mind.

"What if I'm wrong?" I asked.

"Wrong about what?" He replied.

"What if it's not what I think it is? What if I'm just being selfish again."

"I'm sure it's not the last option," Ashton said, rubbing his thumb over my knuckles.

"Listen, I have no idea what you're referring to, but I can tell you, even if you are wrong, you're still valid." He explained.

With that encouragement, I took a breath in and admitted what was causing my world to crash around me.

"I think I'm being abused," I whispered, loud enough for him to hear.
With that, he turned his body fully around on the bed to face me.

"Can you tell me why?" He asked.

"I don't know if I'm ready to live through it all in my mind," I spoke, cringing at the stinging memories.

"We can take it slow, but the sooner you tell me, the sooner I can get these police off your back." He explained.

"Do I have to leave today?" I asked.

"I'm not sure, I need to talk to a few others to be sure of an answer." He replied as he grabbed what I assumed was his pager.

He typed something in that I couldn't see.

"As soon as the sitter gets here, I'll go find out." He assured me, getting up to stand.

"Sitter?" I questioned.

"Someone has to sit with you at all times just to be sure that you're safe," Ashton said with a sad smile.

"It's really not necessary, I promise that it won't happen again." Ashton shook his head at my statement.

"It's not that I don't believe you, Alice, it's just my job to keep you safe. I'm not going to let there be a sliver of a chance of losing you again." He said calmly.

I nodded my head slowly. I didn't like the idea of a stranger sitting with me, but I understood why Ashton was insisting that it happen.

Soon after our conversation, two knocks sounded on the door, before a tall, dirty blonde haired, male entered.

"Heya, Ashton!" He spoke, shaking the Ashton's hand.

"Take good care of her for me." Ashton said with a nod, before exiting the room.
The man pulled a chair from the corner of the room, and sat it a few feet from the bed.

"You must be Alice," he said with a smile.

I nodded lightly.

"My names, Niall," he spoke sticking his hand for me to shake.

I shook his hand lightly, as he continued,

"It's nice to meet y'a."
——————————————
;)