Crush

Ashton constantly assured me that I had made the best decision of my life. That however, did not stop the constant anxiety that was still clouding my judgment.

We had been sitting in his office for a little over an hour now, and he was constantly texting someone, or on his pager. Leaving me to the mercy of my mind.

The worst case scenario I could think of, was the possibility of a foster home.

My family had started off normal, we had many relatives who gathered often on family, events and holidays. However, not long after my eighth birthday, my parents had decided it was best to move away from the family and annex them completely. I was no longer sure of their names, addresses, or how to even get a hold of them.

It was obvious a safe relative wasn't going to be an option .

I couldn't think of a silver lining to being a foster kid. It would be a constant roulette of a safe home or worse home than the one I had been displaced from.

I looked up at Ashton, and asked him the inevitable question.

"What's going to happen to me?"

A soft smile appeared on his face, he rolled away from his desk and faced his chair toward me.

"I'm not exactly sure, I've got CPS on the way and they'll have more information. If I were to guess you'll be placed in an emergency foster home until a more permanent solution is available."

I grimaced at his words. They were to be expected, but I guess I was hoping for a miracle.

I let out a breath and place my head in my hands, trying to shake off the looming feeling of fear.

I soon felt Ashton's presence, as he sat next to me and placed a hand on my back, causing me to look up.

"No matter where you go, we'll still be in touch. I'm not going to just give in here, and wish you the best. We're going to make sure you find the loving safe home you've deserved all along." He said calmly.

It hurt to hear someone speak so nicely to me, I thought I be used to it by now, but it still left a sting. A man I meant less than a week ago cared about me enough, to ensure my safety, while my own flesh and blood stripped me of it,

I was forever grateful of Ashton.

And Micheal,

And Calum,

And even Luke.

"Thank you, for not giving up on me," I whispered, as tears once again filled my eyes.

"We would do pretty much anything for you, hun." He said, grabbing a tissue and handing it to me.

"Why?"

"Because your family was meant to give you the entire world, and you haven't done anything to deserve the way they've crushed it."