Stitches

"I never planned on leaving you high and dry," Ashton explained at a rushed pace. "I can tell somethings wrong, which is why I've pressured you so much to talk to me. I never wanted to have to release you to the police, but I've run out of reasons to keep you any longer."

Alice held back tears as she hung her head toward the ground. "There's so much I want to tell you," she spoke out, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Then hand me the knife, and sit and talk with me. It doesn't have to end this way, Alice." Ashton said, now reaching his hand out toward her.

"We can make this a happy ending." Calum chimed in, looking at her with a hopeful glint in his stare.

She looked between them before slowly reaching her hand toward Ashton and laying the scalpel in his palm.

As soon as he retracted his arm, Calum breathed a sigh of relief.

"I hope you know that you just scared the absolute fuck out of me." He said, with a light chuckle afterward.

She gave him a wary smile before turning her attention toward Luke, who had just entered the room.

"The police are-" he tampered off his statement as he looked around the room. "What did I miss...?" He asked, concerned.

"Calum her neck." Ashton interrupted, referring to the blood dripping from the tiny cut she had made.

Calum jumped up and began searching through the cabinets and gathering materials.

"Can you keep a lookout while we deal with this?" Ashton asked, looking toward Luke. "I don't want an officer even getting close to her until we've sorted this whole situation out privately."

"Yeah, sure," Luke said, still bewildered by the situation. "Why me and not a security guard?" He asked.

"Because we all know you're a hard ass when you want something done," Ashton said, causing a startling laugh from Calum.

"I think the word you're looking for is 'stubborn" not "hard ass." Luke rebuttled before taking his place in front of the door, standing guard.

"Alice, will you take a seat back on the bed so that Calum can check out your neck?" Ashton asked her.

She nodded before slowly standing and making her way to the bed. Calum followed close behind with some stitching material and bandages.

'Okay, hun, lay back for me." Calum instructed while snapping on some gloves.

She laid back and looked at Ashton, who put his hand toward her. She took it gratefully and closed her eyes.

"You'll feel a quick pinch, then some slight pulling, but no more pain. Okay?" Calum asked, looking to Alice for confirmation.

She glanced toward him, giving him a quick nod before laying her head back.

Calum quickly injected the numbing medication around the laceration, then started stitching diligently.

Alice gripped Ashton's hand tightly, cringing slightly at the feeling.

"You're doing great." Calum praised while he finished up the stitches.

Without another word, Luke stepped out from the doorway toward the hallway and roughly shut the door behind him.

"Is he mad?" Alice asked Ashton.

"No, something tells me he's on a mission."