Take My Hand

Alice:
"So, rough few days, huh?" Niall asked, quirking his head slightly as he looked at me.

I sighed and nodded as I thought through the last few day's events.

It's safe to say this wasn't expected.

"Something like that," I replied, not really wishing to go into any more detail.

Niall nodded his head in understanding.

"Welp, let's get your mind off it." He encouraged, turning toward the tv that was hung on the wall opposite from the bed.

"Got a channel that you like to watch?"

"I've never watched anything," I said, shrugging.

"What..?" Niall said, looking at me.

"My dad says the Tv is from the devil. It'll fill my head with stupid lies." I explained.

"Oh-" was all he said, clearly dumbfounded.

"So, do you wanna watch something or no..?" He asked cautiously.

"Sure!" I said, "I didn't mean you couldn't turn it on; I just have no idea what to watch."
He nodded, flipping the channels, coming to a stop on the "Disney channel."

"This should be devil free." He said, making me laugh.

As soon as I paid attention to the cartoons that were dancing across the television, I was gone.
It had the same effect that music did on me. My mind finally calmed and I was able to relax my body.
It sadly didn't last long.

Soon after, Ashton re-entered the room, causing Niall to shut the Tv off.

"I have good news," Ashton stated as he walked closer to the bed.

I quirked my eyebrow upward curiously.

"You're staying with us for another night," Ashton said to me with a smile.

Relief flooded my body immediately.

"Really?" I asked, in shock.

"Really." He assured me, "those cops don't like me too much, but-"

"Forget em," Niall said, causing a laugh from both me and Ashton. "If you don't mind, an emergency sitter is needed. Are you clear to stay here a sec?" Niall asked.

"Absolutely!" Ashton responded, earning a smile from Niall and quick goodbye before he exited the room.

Ashton turned back toward me and sat on the edge of the bed once again.

"Are you feeling more up to talking yet?" He asked me.

I cringed slightly at the thought, but I understood that it would have to happen soon.

"I'll try." I started, "but please don't pressure me."

"No pressure at all, Alice. We can go at your pace." He said as he extended his arm toward me.

"Take my hand."

... (now and foreverrr)