48 Hours

Ashton arrived quickly to the girls room, after having ran from the other side of the building.

He knocked twice, and waited until she told him to come in.

"Everything okay?" Ashton asked, as he once again sat on the end of her bed.

She shook her head no, but said nothing else.

Ashton took this as a sign to continue.

"What's on you're mind hun?"

She took a shaky breath before looking to him.

"Is it normal to not be allowed to drink more than twice a day?"

Ashton looked concerned as he contemplated his answer.

"I wouldn't say so... no." He replied before placing his hand on hers. "Does someone do that to you?"

She paused, but never answered his question.

"What about food, once a day?" She asked.

Ashton spoke to her softly in his reply, "still no sweetie."

She shook her head as tears found their way to her face.

Ashton handed her a few tissues, and stayed quiet, giving her room to speak.

"I was told it was selfish." She continued, clearly upset.

"But then Luke and Calum said it was a bad thing, and that what I'm getting isn't enough." She said fully crying now.

"That sounds really confusing." Ashton spoke, sympathetically.

"It's so selfish of me to even be telling you, I'm not a good person." She panicked.

"That's not true, honey. It's good that you're telling someone, that's a really important thing to know." He said, trying to reassure her.

Despite Ashton's best efforts to calm her and convince her to stop crying she couldn't stop. It was like a floodgate that wouldn't close.

Silently Ashton paged Luke for help. He arrived a few minutes later.

"What did you do?!" Luke asked as he ran into the room.

Alice was most obviously distressed, but she didn't seem to be pushing Ashton away.

"Just grab haloperidol please." Luke didn't ask any more questions. He just grabbed the meds and injected them into her IV.

Alice continued to cry until the drugs finally kicked in, and she fell asleep gripping onto Ashton's hand.

"We need to open a neglect case." Ashton said, looking toward Luke.

"What are you talking about?" Luke asked, bewildered.

"How long do we have until our hold on her ends?"

"48 hours."

How long has she been here?

"48 hours."