Scalpel

Three knocks echoed throughout the room, causing Alice to sit up groggily. She glanced toward the door long enough to see an unfamiliar man enter.

"Heya, kiddo." He said as he walked further into the room. "I'm Michael Clifford, one of the many doctors here." He beamed, sitting on the rolling stool beside the counter.

Alice smiled back politely in return while she waited for him to continue.

"I promise, I'm not here to bother you long. I just need to do a quick evaluation of your health, and then I'll be out of your hair."             

"I've already had three other people say that. What is possibly left to "evaluate?" She asked, groaning in the process.

Michael chuckled lightly as he grabbed a pair of gloves from behind him. "Unlike the others, my job is the most important."

Alice sent him a slight eye roll before swinging her legs off the edge of the bed to face him.

"So, basically, I'm making sure your bones and muscles are okay. It's pretty quick and painless." He spoke simply as he stood and made his way over to her.

He put his hand on top of her left knee and asked her to push against his slight pressure. She completed that task for both knees before he moved on to asking her to push against his hand with her own.

"Perfect, that all looks great!" He said, stepping back slightly.
"Have you had any concerning symptoms lately? Like weakness anywhere on your body, back pain, tingling in your hands or feet..?

"Not that I can think of..." She responded, shrugging her shoulders.

"Perfect! That's all the information I needed, sorry to bother you." Michael said with a smile.

Alice gave him a nod and laid back down, hoping to get some more sleep.