An "L"

"Discharge day my love." Calum said as he waltzed into the room, at roughly 5am.

"The suns not even up yet." I groaned despite the fact that it was partially muffled from the pillow my face was stuffed in.

"What does the sun have to do with you leaving the hospital?"

"My operating hours don't start until after 9am."

"I'm only a few hours off, you'll live." He chuckled through his words, but I still didn't care to move at all.

"Give me your arm please," I tucked all my limbs in closer to my body at his request.

"I've got to scan your bracelet Alice."

"You can... after 9." I heard his laughter and his feet shuffle around closer to the side of the bed I was flipped on.

"You've got five seconds before I call Luke to come help wake you up."

Without hesitation I jutted my arm out, allowing him to scan away to his hearts content.

"That's what I thought." I rolled my eyes at his satisfaction.

"I'll be back in a few, I've got more rounds and I need the nurses to finish drawing up your paperwork." He said, gathering his stethoscope and pager. "Need anything before I go?"

"A nap."

"You can sleep some more," he said shaking his head with a smile. "I'll see you in a few."

As he left I settled back into the blankets, this bed was a lot more comfortable than the one I had at home.

I had just started to drift off to sleep when someone else barged into the room.

"Goooooood morninggg!" Luke singsonged as he entered the room, strutting straight over to the computer.

"You've got to be kidding me."

"No, I'm Luke, but good guess."

I rolled over to face him, just to be able to give him an 'are you serious..' look.

"Are you ready to be set free?" He asked, sitting on the chair and rolling it around the room.

"What's it with you guys and being morning people?" I asked, squinting at him.

"We have to be, our shifts start at 5."

"I would rather die."

"That's what Michael said, he's also not a morning person."

I smirked slightly at this news.

"Looks like I have a new favorite."

I watched Luke's face turn into a scowl of sorts, as he glared at me.

"Favoritism is not allowed."

"Sucks for youuu." I sang back, flopping back down into the mattress.

I heard him rustle a few more things around before hearing the door shut, signaling he'd left.

No one else bothered me for a good 2 hours, allowing me to rest a bit longer.

That was until the door cracked open, and the next intruder entered in quietly.

I felt them sit beside me in the bed, and they began softly rubbing my arm.

"It's time to get going honey." Ashton's voice softly spoke out. At least he was trying to gently get me up, lord knows Luke had the opposite tactic.

I rolled over to face him, shooting him a smile in return.

"I've got the papers handled both for here and cps. So, all that's left is getting up and driving home." I nodded and sat fully up.

"Can I have my clothes?" I asked, hoping that they'd gotten transferred up here, despite all the moving around I'd done.

"I've got those in the car already, they need washed." He said, standing and walking over to the counter that had a small sack placed on top of it.

"Luke went out and bought you some new clothes to go home in, they should be your size, he said the got whatever was on the tags that you came in."

I grabbed the bag from Ashtons hands and he clicked on a light so I could see better.

The clothes were surprisingly really nice, not only brand wise, but they were my style too. It was a cute flowered top, with a pair of light blue shorts and a new pair of white sandals.

"These are so nice..." I said, unsure of how to feel.

No one had really bought me anything like this before, and it was so sweet. The fact that Luke even took the time to find something that resembled the style of my clothes before... I was speechless.

"I left some toothpaste, deodorant, soap, and a hairbrush for you in the bathroom. I'll let you get changed, just let one of the nurses at the desk outside know when you're done and they'll come get one of us." He said, walking to the door. I nodded at him with a smile, and clicked it shut behind him.

I craved a shower, so naturally that was my first stop. It'd been days of being either in my old clothes, or in a hospital gown, so getting dressed excited me like no other.

Plus, I was really over the hospital deodorant, that stuff literally did nothing.

It took me roughly 30 minutes to get everything done, and to look like a functioning human again.

Exiting the bathroom, I decided to clean up the room I'd been staying in, to help the janitorial staff that came in behind me.

I stripped the bed and threw away water cups, medical packaging that the boys and nurses had left behind, and finally the bag that the clothes Luke had gotten me came in.

However, when I went to move the bag a small piece of jewelry fell to the ground. As I picked it up, I realized it was a small gold bracelet with a little heart charm on it.

Tears sprung to my eyes at the sweet gesture and I immediately began trying to put it on, that was until I noticed the engraving on the back.

An "L" undoubtably for Luke.

A laugh escaped my lips and I shook my head.

That little shit-