Go Ahead, Talk. PT.2

!TW! *Suicide attempt; feel free to skip the next 2 chapters.*

Calum:

"On my way to discharge Alice now and give the police her final paperwork," I said to Luke as I passed him in the hallway.

"Let me know if you need any help,"

"You got it mate," I nodded toward him before continuing down the hall and to her room.

As I approached, I noticed that the police hadn't arrived yet. Late, as usual. I rolled my eyes and walked to the nurse's desk next to Alice's room.

"Any word from the authorities that were set to pick her up today?" I asked.

The nurse working the desk shook her head, "of course not; you know how they are."

I laughed out of annoyance and set the paperwork on the counter.

"Page me when they get here; I have to review the final discharge instructions with her charge officer."

"You got it, Dr.Hood." She said, grabbing the paperwork and filing it appropriately.

At that, I pushed myself off of the counter and walked over to the girl's room.

I gave three solid knocks and entered.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alice:

I held the knife close to my neck, allowing all my tears to fall, even if in vain.

Working up the courage to go through with my plan was harder than I ever intended.

I took a deep breath and pressed the sharp metal to my skin.

"ALICE!" A voice boomed, scaring the absolute shit out of me.

It was doctor Hood.

As he came to step closer to me, I stepped back and held the scalpel closer to my neck, as a slight threat.

Panic flew through his eyes as he seemed to contemplate his next move.

I saw him touch something in his pocket and type into it as quickly as possible before turning his full attention to me.

"Please just put it down." His voice shook out, as he took a step back.

I violently shook my head no, before making the smallest nick in my neck.

"ALICE, STOP." He practically screamed at me, frantically.

I closed my eyes and grabbed the blade so hard my fingers were losing feeling.

"Alice, wait." Ashton suddenly spoke, completely calm.

I looked to him, as he stood beside Calum. His eyes were screaming, but I could tell he was trying to appear nonchalant .

"Let's just talk through this." He said, slowly sitting on the ground before gesturing for Calum to do the same.

"I don't want to talk." I said, firmly. "You don't believe me anyway."

"Alice." He started. "I do believe you, honestly." He said.

"Really? You sure have a funny way of showing it."

"If I didn't believe you, at least a little bit, I wouldn't have wanted to continue to see you." He reasoned, still sitting on the floor.

"What?" I asked, turning toward them once more.

"Have a seat with us, and I'll explain." He bargained, as his eyes darted between mine.

I stood, contemplating my options.

"You can keep holding the knife, if that makes you feel in control of the situation. I just want to talk to you, both of us sitting, person to person." He begged, looking to me.

"Please just sit, kiddo." Calum spoke out.

Still holding the knife, I slowly sunk to the ground.

"Here we are again." I said. "Go ahead, talk."