❧ CHAPTER 3

season 6 episode 6

The residents sat in silence, all of them waiting to be called in to speak with Dr

The residents sat in silence, all of them waiting to be called in to speak with Dr. Webber, Jenkins from the board, and an in-house counsel over the incident in the E.R. which brought a woman to death over the continued rivalry between the Mercy Westers and Seattle Grace people which prevented them from successfully working together.

To say Natalia was absolutely bored out of her mind would be saying the least as she exhaled, sinking lower into her chair as she glanced up to the ceiling, hoping the testimony collections would run smoothly and quickly— from across the hall, she could hear Mark, Derek, and Owen laughing at her boredom, prompting her to lightly squint at them.

"Someone's getting fired." Reed voiced, bringing Natalia's gaze to her as Reed's friend, April, sighed.

"Stop it." April spoke, attempting to soothe her nerves.

"She wasn't even my patient." Charles groaned, making Cristina snap from her daze to give him a harsh glare.

"What?" Cristina tilted her head, strengthening her squint.

Charles sighed, "Nothing."

"How long is this gonna take?" Alex questioned, making Natalia look down to the watch Mark had bought her on her eighteenth birthday.

Natalia joked, frowning her brows as she shrugged, "Well, let's see, if I carry the two..."

"Why," Jackson remarked, quirking a brow at Alex, "you need to make a call?"

Natalia rolled her eyes at the comment as the Mercy Westers began to snicker— and all so quickly, Alex pounced from his chair and forcefully grabbed Jackson out of his own while the thunder outside rumbled, preparing for a fight.

Natalia yelped, jumping up as she attempted to split the fight between the two, all to no avail, as Charles sat up to help. It was the grunts, the arguments between April, Reed, and Lexie which grew louder, and the overall discourse between other residents that brought the attendings to a run, attempting to separate everything.

Owen was the first to reach the area— prompting him to grab Natalia, who continued to try and insert herself in the fight, by the waist to place her behind him in case spare punches were thrown as Derek and Mark caught up— successfully breaking the altercation as Natalia attempted to verbally stop the fight behind Owen. 

"That's enough!" The Chief yelled, having exited the other room upon hearing the immediate discord— and when they didn't stop, he repeated himself, louder, "That's enough!" Instantly, the residents stopped, increasing the spaces between their opposing teams with a step backwards, "What happened to that patient was inexcusable. And we're gonna be here till I find out who's responsible for it. So until then, you will sit down, you will shut up and you'll wait to be called." Mark, frowning his brows, quickly looked over Lexie and Natalia for any injuries as Webber called, "Hunt."