❧ CHAPTER 22

season 7 episode 17

Natalia sighed deeply as turned the page on a newspaper magazine in Meredith's kitchen, the past few weeks she was in and out of fetal surgeries, Dr

Natalia sighed deeply as turned the page on a newspaper magazine in Meredith's kitchen, the past few weeks she was in and out of fetal surgeries, Dr. Herman claiming it as a situation for the future; she wanted to see if Natalia could handle the days where fetal surgeries would come in one after another-- which she did. 

However, this meant less time with checking in with her friends until she got home-- other than Mark dragging her when he found her in the hall one day to tell her Callie was pregnant. 

Natalia was rushing down the hall before she felt someone's hand grab hers and dragged her into an on-call room. She yelped until she saw it was Mark, and when he released her, she smacked his arm, "What the hell was that for--"

"Callie's pregnant. With my baby."

Natalia stared at him with big eyes before smiling wide, "I'm gonna be an aunt again?"

Mark sighed in relief, "Yeah. Yeah you are, Roar."

Natalia jumped up and hugged him, wanting to ask more questions before her pager went off, "Crap, alright, let's have this conversation later when I get off."

Natalia was kicked back into reality when she saw April from the corner of her eye going into the laundry, and knowing Jackson was in there with Lexie, held out a hand in warning, "I wouldn't go there if I were you." 

Natalia tried to warn Jackson not to have a fling with Lexie, mostly because she didn't want to get caught in a Mark-Lexie-Jackson moment, but he retorted with her essentially doing the same thing with Miles and the conversation grew flat from there. Natalia started to distract herself from Owen with surgeries and Miles, but because they worked together and were close, it was hard for her not to occasionally catch herself staring at him and then going off to do a distraction.

"Ugh!" April groaned, having walked inside the room.

"I tried to tell you." Natalia said, flipping to another page.

"Is there anywhere you don't do it? No?" The sound of April's laundry basket hitting the floor was heard as she exited the room, going to the kitchen to get a cup of coffee.

Natalia waited for April to finish taking a sip before shrugging, "Want to watch a really loud movie?"

April sighed before smiling, "Yes, and I'm glad Miles never comes over."

Natalia stood next to Owen in the nurse's station as they watched Alex, Cristina, April, and Jackson wait outside of the men's bathroom for the chief to come out. Teddy was behind the desk and looked up to see Dr. Bailey approaching them.

"So, what's with the coffee?" Owen asked, gesturing towards the cup in Natalia's hand.

"None of your business." Natalia smiled, "Just know it's not for you."