❧ CHAPTER 38

season 9 episode 11

Natalia was shocked, to say the least, as she hid from the corner and saw Stephanie exit Jackson's room silently

Natalia was shocked, to say the least, as she hid from the corner and saw Stephanie exit Jackson's room silently. Jackson told her about Stephanie being his date to Bailey's wedding but she assumed it was solely because April asked him to. So, when she heard their front door close, she rushed into Jackson's room.

Jumping on the bed, she grabbed a pillow and whacked him on the head with it, "You're with Stephanie?"

"Jesus, woman!" Jackson yelled out, grabbing the pillow from Natalia and hitting her back with it, "I am not with Stephanie--"

"Then why did I see her leaving your room a few minutes ago?" Natalia raised an eyebrow at him, "I thought Alex was the one sleeping with interns, not you."

"I'm not sleeping with interns." Jackson corrected, "And I'm not with Stephanie, it sort of just happened... and we both mutually agreed that it could happen again."

"Mm." Natalia hummed, understanding Jackson was with Stephanie, just not in a relationship, "So, I don't tell anyone about your little rendezvous, right?"

Jackson nodded, "Thank you." 

Natalia never felt more at peace as she spent her small time before a surgery in the on call room, making out with her boyfriend. She would have loved to spend more time with him, having his hands roam as she held on tightly to his scrubs-- but the lawyer and lawsuit against the hospital had different plans.

"I'm gonna ignore it." Natalia concluded, hanging up her phone as she put it to the side and met Owen's lips again-- but her phone rang one more time.

Hearing Natalia groan, Owen chuckled, "Just answer it." 

"Fine." Natalia answered her phone and held it to her ear and Owen brushed her hair with his fingers, "Mm-hmm...Mm-hmm..." She laughed lightly as Owen's lips brushed against her neck, "Okay, I'll be right there." Natalia's head dropped onto Owen's shoulder as she groaned, "I have to go to the courthouse."

Natalia, along with Arizona, Derek, Cristina, and Meredith, sat with shock in the courthouse as Callie walked inside, "Did I miss it? Damn it. I'm sorry." Callie apologized, "I got out of the O.R. as fast as I could, but I didn't think it was gonna happen today. Oh, God." She saw the look on everyone's face, "Was it bad?" Natalia and Meredith shook their head, "It wasn't?"

"We won." Arizona answered her wife, as she looked between the judge and Callie.

"He said the airline company had a history of mechanical problems with the plane. It was in public record, and the hospital should've known."

"He found the hospital negligent." Natalia continued and Callie smiled.

"So we won." She looked over at the judge, "When's he gonna tell us about the award? I mean... I hate to be all about the money--"