❧ CHAPTER 6

season 6 episode 12

"Nat!" Owen shouted, jogging up to catch up to Natalia, who was well on her way towards the C

"Nat!" Owen shouted, jogging up to catch up to Natalia, who was well on her way towards the C.T. room to check on one of Derek's patients.

Stopping in her tracks, Natalia quirked a brow as she waited for Owen to catch up to her before she glanced up at him to meet his eyes, "Yes?" Her eyes sparkled, "Do you have another book— hot pretzels, maybe?"

He chuckled, "No, unfortunately." Natalia pouted, prompting him to shake his head at her, "Sorry— I was going to ask if your brother came back from L.A. yet, I have a patient in need of his skills."

Natalia snorted as she remarked, "Don't tell him that." She checked her watch, "Last I heard, his plane won't get here til five, so if your patient isn't emergent, I think he'll be fine checking up on them in an hour."

"Okay." He grinned, beginning to walk away as he voiced, "Thanks."

"No problem." Natalia smiled back, seemingly whispering the last word to herself as she realized he was too far for her to hear, and began making her way towards her original destination. 

Munching on her food as she sat next to Jackson while watching Meredith practice her surgical skills on a corpse, Natalia momentarily paused as she met Alex's confused eyes upon hearing Cristina and Meredith's conversation before they voiced, "What are you talking about?"

Meredith sighed, "She's on this thing—"

Cristina swiftly interrupted as she explained, "Okay, if you had to choose between the thing you love— surgery— and the person you love, which would you choose?"

"You would choose Izzie, right?" Meredith asked Alex, which had him turning around as she hoped his answer matched the one she thought of, "Because you tow are gonna get back together."

Alex shook his head and turned back to his food, "Shut up."

Jackson swallowed his food and frowned his brows, "Wait," He looked at Cristina, "why do you have to choose?"

"That doesn't matter." Cristina shook her head, "You just do— which is it, surgery or love?"

Jackson shrugged, "I want both."

"That's what I said." Meredith exhaled, momentarily stopping her work on the cadaver to briefly squint at Cristina.

"No, you—" Cristina shook her head, "you can't have both."

Jackson quirked a brow, "Why the hell not?"

Cristina stopped chewing on her carrot and used it to point at Jackson, "Why the hell is he here?"

Natalia chuckled, finally speaking as she said, "Because he simply is."

Cristina rolled her eyes at the statement while Meredith picked up another surgical instrument, "I said he could be in here because he's in the Whipple, too."