❧ CHAPTER 19

season 7 episode 7

"Okay. How about it, Mark?" Arizona asked, turning to face Mark as Natalia sipped on her coffee next to him, having slept over at his place after what she told him yesterday, "You know you've always wanted one of... these." Arizona and Callie were packing for Africa, which meant they were getting rid of things they don't need anymore.

Callie looked at Mark before turning to Arizona who rattled the thing once more, until Mark responded, "Nah. I'm good." Callie nodded as she walked away, "I will take that waffle iron."

"What?" Callie asked from the back, "I have never even seen you eat a waffle."

"Well, I would if I had a waffle iron."

Arizona laughed, "Okay, Callie, we're not gonna take a waffle iron to Malawi, and it's not gonna do anybody any good sitting in storage for three years." Arizona walked forward, passing over the waffle iron to Mark as Callie started to get slightly pissed off, "Congratulations. You won yourself a waffle iron. Oh!" Arizona grabbed something off the counter, "And a french press." 

Natalia brought her arms up in fake enthusiasm as Arizona brought her hand out and Mark did the same but didn't grab onto it because Callie spoke, "Hey. Stop giving... my things away."

Callie walked away into her room before slamming the door, causing Natalia to cringe at the loud sound.

"Maybe I should pass on the french press."

"Yeah." Natalia responded to Mark as Arizona put the french press back on the table and Natalia frowned, "Although, it is a good french press."

Natalia stared off at the cluttered table in front of her as she sat in front of Jackson in the skill lab table with April and Alex, waiting for Meredith to come in.

"You're not a horrible person." Jackson whispered to Natalia, trying to lift her spirits and saw he succeeded when he saw a hint of a smile before she went back to staring at the stuff in front of her, trying to mentally prepare herself to be in a room with Owen and try not to feel guilty for having feelings. 

"Am I early? I tried really hard not to be." Meredith's voice was heard as she approached the group.

"That doesn't bode well."

Alex responded to Jackson as Natalia placed her hair in a ponytail, "We did the same thing with Bailey when we were interns." Alex sighed, "Take turns treating a dummy, get an early lunch, then get back to work. It's lame."

Suddenly, Owen walked through the door holding a bunch of yellow surgical gowns that he placed down as he spoke to the group of residents, "Charter plane was forced into an emergency landing and collided with a greyhound bus. Mass-casualty situation." Owen looked back at the group of residents and noticed they weren't moving, "Do I need to say it again? Let's move."