❧ CHAPTER 56

a/n : i'm a clown and realized i haven't put the twins first birthday party in the last chapter ✨

extra + season 11 episode 15

Placing matching 'It's My 1st Birthday' bibs on Sarah and Thomas, Natalia smiled as she saw their eyes taking in the bright colors of the randomly placed balloons and a cake

"Cake!" Thomas called out, stretching from his seat on the baby chair to grab it.

"Yeah, Thomas." Natalia nodded, looking behind her to the cake, "It's a cake. It's your cake."

"Hey," Owen entered the room, looking at the twins then Natalia, "are the stars ready for their grand entrance?"

Natalia was about to answer before Sarah beat her to the punch, shouting, "Yeah!"

Natalia nodded her head to Sarah, "You heard the boss."

Having Meredith and her kids come over as well as Elliot, Amelia, Evelyn, Jackson, April, Callie, Arizona, Sofia, and the rest of their friends to celebrate the twin's birthday party was fun. But the highlight of the whole day was when the twins wanted to 'blow out their candles' and instead decided to grab a huge chunk of cake and slap it onto their parent's faces.

Sitting in an an on-call room with Alex, Meredith, and Maggie, Natalia would not have predicted this would be how night was going to go.

After helping a massive flood of patients that came in from an earthquake hit Seattle, Natalia felt someone slid next to her and she turned her head to see Owen smiling, "Hey."

He looked around, speaking once he saw no one was around, "So the kids are at daycare."

Natalia nodded, "I know." Owen kept his eyes on her, waiting for Natalia to realize what he was implying until she brought her head up a few seconds later, "Oh. Ooh!"

"Yeah," Owen teased, "'Ooh'."

Natalia shrugged, stepping forward to grab his tie, "Well then--"

"Sorry, Hunt." Meredith interrupted, grabbing Natalia's hand that was outstretched to grab his tie as she yanked Natalia to an on-call room, "It's urgent."

Natalia scoffed, looking back at her husband and back to Meredith, "I'd beg to differ-- my sex-life is more urgent than whatever is about to go down." Meredith gave Natalia a look that made her shut up and nod, "Alrighty then."

"I called Derek." Meredith spoke after a small pause from walking inside the on-call room.

"I'm laying here." Alex said, moving away from Natalia and Meredith who had joined him in the bed, "I'm sleeping here."