❧ CHAPTER 14

season 7 episode 2

Natalia placed her hair in a pony tail as the sound of the resident's pagers beeped around the resident's lounge

"Sounds Big." Jackson pulled up his shirt as he looked around the room, "I'm betting M.V.C."

"Multiple M.V.C.," Alex added, noting the amount of beeps heard around the room, "Or an apartment fire." 

"When is the staring gonna stop?" April asked Jackson and Natalia, who looked over at the residents on the other side who were indeed staring at them. Natalia snapped her fingers at them and made a circular motion with her finger for them to look the other way.

Jackson responded, "As soon as the novelty wears off. Just ignore them." 

Natalia heard Cristina say something about Owen scheduling her for a surgery and Natalia prayed to the surgical gods above that everything would go fine as she smiled, looking at her pager to she was with Callie today.

❦  

"Okay, wiggle your toes for me." Natalia noted as she examined the patient, Kerry, who was playing flag football when she and her guy friends were all struck by lightning. 

"I still can't." Kerry said as Mark checked the bleeding in her ears, "Am I gonna be in a wheelchair?"

"We're gonna take you in for a C.T.," Callie explained, "But hopefully, it is just temporary, from the lightning." Callie told Natalia to stay with the patient until Mark was finished to take her to get a C.T. and she nodded.

Mark turned to grab a wooden stick to examine Kerry's mouth, "Couple of your friends have it too. They're already starting to get some feeling back."

Kerry nodded, "Okay." 

"Try not to worry." 

Natalia sat on a stool and looked over Kerry's chart as Meredith walked in, "Hey, Kerry. A friend of yours, Russ Gammie, is asking about you."

"How's Warren Griffith?" Kerry slightly brought herself up by shrugging her shoulders as she continued to look at Meredith, "Is he okay? Did he ask about me?"

"Which one is Warren?"

"Excuse me." Another patient walked in with blonde hair and Natalia looked up, suspecting it was one of the boys, "Excuse me, I--"

"Who's this, Russ or Warren?" Mark asked, pointing the cotton swab he was about to put into Kerry's ear.

Kerry frowned her eyebrows, "Mitch?"

Meredith looked at the blonde man, "Mitch now?"

Natalia leaned back slightly in the stool chair but stopped herself after realizing the chair had no back, "The story unfolds."