❧ CHAPTER 15

season 7 episode 3

Natalia stared in front of her, bored, as she waited for Mark to finish flirting with a nurse as he discreetly looked at Lexie

"Lia!" Owen's loud voice was heard, Natalia turned around to face Owen before his pager went off and she waved him 'Goodbye' and began to make her way towards Mark, dragging his arm away from the nurse so they could actually do something.

"Is that who I think it is?" Natalia asked Mark, who decided to keep walking forward.

Mark stopped a few feet away from Amelia Shepherd, "She has that look on her face because the last time someone walked into this hospital looking for Dr. Shepherd without an appointment, he shot him."

"Mark!" Amelia walked forward with open arms and hugged him.  

"Guess I've been forgotten." Natalia commented, stopping directly next to Mark as Amelia's face lightened up, hugging her childhood friend. 

"Oh, my God!" Amelia laughed, delighted to see Natalia before looking at Mark, "You still look hot." 

Natalia smiled at Amelia before nudging Mark's side and secretly whispered, "Moo." It was a nickname Natalia gave Mark when he called her Roar, except she liked the name he gave her and he hated his nickname, so whenever Natalia felt like telling him to back off she'd whisper it to him. 

Mark looked at Natalia pointedly before facing Amelia again, "And you, uh, look a lot more grown-up than when I last saw you." 

Amelia nodded, "You can say 'hot,' you know? 'Cause I am. I'm hot." 

"No I can't. Because in my mind, you're still Derek's 12-year-old sister."

"Huh." Amelia squinted her eyes at Natalia, who gave her an innocent smile. 

"So what are you doing in Seattle?" Mark asked as he went around her to grab a chart.

"Uh, Derek's an ass who won't return my calls." Amelia sighed, "Derek's an ass who got shot and won't return my calls, so I brought him a present or a bribe or a peace offering. Whatever. I brought him that." She pointed at a man who was standing in the waiting room. 

Natalia looked over before facing Amelia, "Amy, you brought him a man? You know he's married right... and straight." 

Amelia faked a laugh as she looked at Natalia with squinted eyes, and Natalia chuckled at her own joke as Mark added, "You brought him Brett Favre?"

"No." Amelia said as she rolled her eyes at the two Sloans before smiling, "I brought him a brain tumor." 

"Oh, come on." Derek's whiny voice was heard, causing Natalia, Mark, Amelia, and the Brett Favre guy to turn around. "Amy?"

"Well, if you'd pick up the damn phone I wouldn't have to stalk you." Amelia answered Derek's unasked question as to why she was there.