❧ CHAPTER 68

season 12 episode 18

Coming out of her patient's room, Natalia checked her pager twice before meeting Jackson and Elliot by the Nurse's station as the hospital alarms began to blare-- signaling a code pink for all doctors

"I hope DeLuca and Warren were able to get my patient's scans." Natalia sighed, brushing a hand through her loose hair before resting her head on her palm.

"Mm." Elliot hummed, tapping away at his patient's chart before quirking an eyebrow at her, "Did you come up with a response for Owen?"

"A response?" Jackson asked, peering up from his cup of fries as he stopped spinning in his chair, "What did he ask? And, uh," He pointed at Elliot, "how come I don't know?"

Natalia chuckled, "You didn't answer the phone last night when I snuck away from Owen," She pointed at Elliot, "and he did."

"Oh," Elliot nodded, bringing a hand to his heart, "nice to know I'm a second choice."

"You're welcome." Natalia answered with a smile before looking at Jackson, ignoring Elliot's eye roll with a smile, "Owen asked me if I was thinking about having more kids since it's, you know, my uterus that would be holding the soon-to-be tornado."

"Aah." Jackson nodded, taking a bite out of some fries he stole from the cafeteria before frowning his eyebrows, "What'd you say?"

Elliot began to laugh as he responded, "Her exact words were 'Uh-- I, um, goodnight'."

"Hey!" Natalia chuckled, smacking her brother's arm as Jackson laughed, "I didn't know what to say!" 

"Well," Jackson voiced with a shrug, "I think you nailed it."

Natalia deadpanned, "Thanks." She shrugged, thinking out loud, "I don't know if I want another one because I already have my babies-- two of them. I have my two children who love to play and make messes and keep me up at night." Natalia joked, making the two chuckle before she looked at them, "Is it bad that I'm fine with two?"

"No." Jackson and Elliot answered with no hesitation, making Natalia feel better as Jackson continued, "You want to give your kids all your attention and you think another will make you not give them as much."

Elliot leaned against the Nurse's station as he asked, "Do you think you'll want more in the future?"

"Yeah," Natalia nodded before tilting her head, "Maybe?" She bit her nail as she thought, "I don't know."

"Mm." Jackson nodded before reaching out his cup of fries to her, "Fry?"

Natalia nodded, stuffing her mouth with one as she responded, "Thanks." She chewed softly before swallowing and resumed, "I--" She stopped, her eyes widening at the 9-1-1 page as the alarms stopped.

On her route, Natalia's head whipped to the side as she saw Bailey joining her, "Sloan?" Bailey spoke, her eyebrows frowned, "Why aren't you with the patient?"