Chapter Forty Three

~Amy's POV~

I was worried about Dad, he'd taken off suddenly after getting a text from Naomasa. I'd texted him before bed to make sure he was okay. He didn't offer any information other than he was alright and it was going to be a late night. He told me not to worry, not that it did a whole lot of good.

Rolling out of bed, after a nightmare filled night of restless sleep, I shuffled to my closet and changed into a pair of comfortable shorts and a long sleeve shirt littered with cute pastel flowers. A yawn escaped me as I attempted to shake out my tangled waves of golden blonde hair. I soon gave up and pulled it into a messy bun, deciding I'd fight it later. I activated my quirk and my bed made itself before I groggily shuffled out the door, my small bag of toiletries floated in the air behind me trailing me to the bathroom.

In my very groggy state, I failed to pay attention to my surroundings, and as I reached the ground floor and headed toward the bathroom, my foot came into contact with something solid and I lost my balance. A squeal of surprise escaped me just before I managed to faceplant on the floor. I turned to see what I'd tripped over and spotted a snoring Mineta completely bound in tape and let out a panicked scream.

"AMY!" I heard several shouts from all around the dorm followed by the sound of hurried footsteps.

"Keep away from Amy, creep!" Hagakure snapped at the still sound asleep Mineta.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" Katsuki snarled and yanked Mineta up off the floor with one hand.

"Katsuki, wait he di-." My words fell on deaf ears as Katsuki stormed away with the still unconscious Mineta.

A hand hovered in the air in front of my face, offering me help. I glanced upward and met a pair of heterochromatic eyes. "Are you alright?" Shoto asked as I hesitantly placed my hand in his.

I managed a nod and let him pull me to my feet. "Katsuki won't hurt him, will he?" I asked nervously.

Shoto shrugged.

"Nah, don't worry Amy, Mineta will be fine." Kirishima reassured me, though his confident look began to shift to one of uncertainty as Mineta let out a panicked yelp from the opposite side of the dorm. "...I'm gonna go check on that..." He scrambled away. "Hey! Bakugo!"

"Sorry about that Amy, it was my fault." Sero smiled sheepishly as Shoto righted me.

"Why was he sleeping out here wrapped up in tape?" I asked curiously.

Sero scratched the back of his head, "...I kinda forgot he was out here, to be honest." He laughed nervously.

As I was about to question him further, still not understanding why Mineta had been out here in the first place in such a condition, Shoto's finger gently brushed my cheek before sweeping beneath my chin, tilting my face in his direction. My heart thundered in my chest at our sudden closeness as he leaned a little closer. "Sh-Shoto?" I squeaked.

"You didn't get hurt when you fell, did you?" He asked softly as he looked me over, carefully.

I shook my head.

"That's a relief." A small hint of a smile graced his lips.

"Ahem, hate to break up this very sweet moment, but Spa Day is about to commence, so boys get outta here." Midnight's voice sounded from behind me.

Shoto took a step away from me. His cheeks were tinged with pink as if he hadn't realized how close we had been. He offered me another small smile before taking his leave.

"Oh, Amy, I believe there's an upperclassman here to see you. I can only assume he's here to see you, since you've managed to put just about every person on campus under your spell. I'm dying to know your secret by the way, the poor dear jumped in the bushes the moment I said hello." Midnight rambled on with a wicked smile.