Chapter Fourteen

April (First day at UA)

~Amy's POV~

I was nervous about telling Izuku I'd been accepted into UA without taking the exam, though I shouldn't have been. He seemed more excited for me than Dad was. I should have known he'd be supportive and would cheer me on. I was so happy when Dad told me Izuku had passed the exam. We were going to be at UA together.

Now as the first day of my high school life at UA was here, I was a nervous wreck. I kept losing my grip on my quirk as I was getting dressed for school and things kept flying around my room. Feeling like an anxious mess, I managed to change into my uniform and make my way toward the door. As I opened my bedroom door, I let out a scream and dropped to the floor as I was instantly showered with confetti and brightly colored balloons.

"Happy First Day at UA!" Dad bellowed loudly not realizing that I'd screamed and hit the floor instinctively reacting to the plethora of things flying at me. "Huh? Amy? Where did you g-?" He paused as he looked down and spotted me lying on the floor with wide eyes. "Maybe this was a bit much..." He smiled sheepishly.

"N-No, it's okay." I squeaked once I was sure my heart wasn't going to explode from the sudden shock.

Dad picked me up off the floor with ease and dusted me off causing a slew of glittery pieces of confetti to fall to the floor. "Sorry, I was a little excited." He chuckled before handing me a cute white princess bear plush that was wearing a tiny little uniform that matched my own.

It seemed we both had similar ideas, I'd gotten him a build a bear plush for his first day as a teacher too. I hugged the bear plush with a smile before wrapping my arms around him, "thanks, Dad."

Using my quirk, I got all the confetti cleaned up and placed the bear plush atop my bed. The balloons drifted back down from the ceiling, where they had escaped to when dad released them to pick me up off the floor. Their strings loosely tied themselves to one of the chairs in the kitchen.

"I could have cleaned everything up." Dad poked at me with a smile.

"...but it's your first day too." I smiled. The spice cabinet above the stove swung open and Dad looked over curiously.

A bright smile lit up his face as he reached into the spice cabinet to retrieve an All Might bear plush wearing a little suit and tie holding a tiny mug that said #1 Teacher. He grinned as he realized we'd essentially gotten each other the same gift. "Thanks, Princess."

Dad and I left for school together after a quick breakfast. We arrived before most of the students since Dad was teaching and had to meet with Principal Nezu. He walked me to my classroom since he already knew his way around campus. Now that we were on campus my nerves were shot, my stomach was tying itself into unpleasant knots as I stared at the giant door leading to classroom 1A.

"Are you alright?" Dad asked worried as he placed one of his large hands atop my head.

I struggled to nod and realized he did it intentionally so I'd be forced to answer him and he could discern from my voice if I was really okay, "y-yeah."

"Nervous?" He smiled.

"I'm just a little worried...I don't want to let you down or embarrass you..." I bit my lip. I wasn't very strong.

Dad pulled me in for a hug, "that's not something you'll ever have to worry about, Princess. I'm already incredibly proud of you. I just want you to try to have fun." He smiled as he released me from his hold.

"I'll try..." I reluctantly took a step away from him and headed for the door. Pausing at the door I turned to look back at him and couldn't help but giggle as I saw him striking one of his traditional All Might poses flashing me a blinding smile and giving me a thumbs up. Smiling, I waved farewell and stepped into the classroom.