Chapter Thirty Nine

~Amy's POV~

Mr. Kan, the teacher for Class B carried Monoma to Recovery Girl's office. I was frozen in terror. My quirk nearly killed him! All of my classmates and the remaining Class B students approached me gently. I saw flickers of fear in some of their eyes and turned and bolted out of the gym, running as fast as my legs would carry me.

"AMY!" My classmates and several of the teachers yelled after me worriedly as I ran away.

A moment later something moving faster than I was able to perceive flew past me and suddenly Iida was in front of me. A panicked squeal escaped me as he seemed to appear out of nowhere and I gasped as he caught me with ease and lifted me off my feet. "A-ah! Iida, what are you doing?!" I squeaked as he swept me into his arms.

"Sorry, Amy." He apologized politely as he made a move to carry me back to the others.

"No, Iida, please, I can't face everyone right now." I sniffled, "let me go."

He paused and looked down at me. His gaze fell on the tears clinging to my cheeks and he began to feel conflicted. "I think it's best for you to be around your friends and classmates right now."

"I don't think it's safe for me to be around anyone right now." I cried.

He hesitated as everyone started to run toward us.

"Please." I begged him.

Reluctantly he set me on my feet. "Make sure you're back in the dorm by curfew." He said in his stern class rep voice.

"Thanks Iida." I threw my arms around him in a quick hug before turning and bolting away as fast as I could.

Iida intercepted everyone who'd tried to follow me and must have convinced them to give me some time alone as no one came after me. I didn't stop running. My body ached but I couldn't stop running. I had no idea where I was running to, I just felt the need to run. I somehow made it to the main campus. As I turned a corner I nearly smacked into an upperclassman with messy dark indigo hair, tired indigo hued eyes and pointed ears. I let out a squeal of terror as we almost collided and hurriedly dropped to my knees, throwing my hands up over my head. As I let out a scream, the upperclassmen simultaneously let out a panicked yelp and I thought I heard him also drop to the ground.

I slowly chanced a peek through my fingers to see that the upperclassmen was also cowering in terror. Realizing my reaction to him had been horribly rude and I'd somehow given him a fright as well, I felt awful. "...um...Senpai?"

He peered through his fingers at me and I saw a look of awe cross his face as he realized I'd had the exact same terrified reaction to him as he'd had to me. Slowly he got to his feet and extended a hand to me to help me up. My hands were trembling still shaken up from everything that had happen in such a short amount of time. I hesitantly placed my hand in his and let him help me to my feet.

"Sorry." We both blurted simultaneously once we were both on our feet.

The upperclassmen's face flushed a little at this before he looked me over. His tired indigo eyes widened as he noticed the tears clinging to my cheeks. "Are you okay?" He asked somewhat nervously as he extended a handkerchief to me.

I nodded as I accepted the handkerchief with a blush and tried to dry my tears.

He frowned, not believing me, but didn't press me further for information which I was grateful. He went to sit on a nearby bench, waiting for me to calm down. I was so drained and exhausted from my talk with Mr. Aizawa and everything that happened with Monoma and my quirk I didn't think I had the energy to talk anymore. Once I'd finally managed to calm myself down, I shyly joined him on the bench. I thought about handing him his handkerchief back but it was now soaked with my tears. I had no idea what to do and stared down at the now wet handkerchief unsure of what to say.