Chapter Thirty Three

A/N: 4th update...5th one on the way, make sure you don't miss the previous chapters lol all the rapid fire updates today

~Toshinori's POV~

After the fight with All for One, my secret was out and I didn't think I could use One for All for very much time at all if any, but none of that mattered. I felt like nothing else would ever matter ever again. Ignoring my own injuries and the wishes of all the medical staff urging me to stay in my own hospital bed, I was glued to Amy's bedside. My heart felt like it was breaking as I looked down at her small, beaten form.

Every inch of her from head to toe was covered in deep bite marks and puncture wounds as if she'd been ravaged by some kind of monstrous creature. Naomasa informed me they found the corpse of a strange Nomu creature in an alley next to the warehouse, it had remnants of Amy's blood dried around its mouth. They had no idea how it had died, it seemed to have just dropped dead.

After seeing Amy's broken form, I wished I'd finished off All for One and the rest of those villains for what they did to my precious daughter. Perhaps Ayumi's violent nature was starting to rub off on me. It had been nearly a full 24 hours since the rescue, Amy still hadn't regained consciousness. Her fever had been so high upon her arrival the doctors were worried there might have been damage to her internal organs. They got her temperature under control quickly but she was still out of it.

I was exhausted but I couldn't allow myself to sleep until I knew she was alright. I had to be here the moment she opened her baby blue eyes, I needed to be the first thing she saw so she'd know she was safe and secure. Night fell, I didn't have the energy to get up and turn on the lights and stayed at her bedside praying she'd wake up soon.

I felt my heart skip and a wave of relief washed over me as Amy began to stir. She woke with a scream. I reached out to clasp her hand in mine but was propelled backward as her quirk went berserk. Tiny cracks began appearing on the windows and I cringed as it sounded like sharp invisible talons were raking across them. Every other piece of furniture in the room, save for the bed was expelled away from her and pinned to the wall. I narrowly avoided getting hit by one of the visitor's chairs. Luckily, I'd been shoved against the wall with the light switch and was able to turn it on.

"Princess, it's okay!" I cried as I flipped the switch.

The room flooded with light and Amy's scream fell short. Her tear-filled baby blue eyes locked on me and a choked sob escaped her, "Dad!"

I ran to her side and pulled her into my arms ignoring the pain in my own broken body as I held her close. "It's alright, Princess. I'm here. You're safe."

I felt her small delicate frame tremble from overexertion as she struggled to hug me back. It must hurt a great deal, but I selfishly wanted to hold her in my arms just a little longer to reassure myself that she was really here, she was alive. She squeezed me tight and my heart shattered as she burst into tears and sobbed uncontrollably into my chest. Gently, I rocked her in my arms. I heard a faint groaning sound within the walls and tried to keep her calm, her quirk was running away with her again.

"It's alright, you're safe now. Let's just keep calm. I'm calm, you're calm-." I heard something snap within the ceiling and water began to pour profusely from one of the tiles, "- a water pipe calmly exploded...but we're all staying calm and we're all safe." I cooed to her softly.

"I'm sorry." She cried.

"It's alright, Princess, it can be fixed." I tried to reassure her.