Chapter Twelve

~Amy's POV~

I woke up early Saturday morning, much earlier than the sun. In a daze I dragged myself out of bed and shuffled to my wardrobe to change. Sleepily, I made my way to the door. Dad agreed to take me with him to train with Midoriya so I could train too. I decided I wanted to be a hero too, thanks to Midoriya's passion.

Dad was already awake and fully functioning as I stepped into the kitchen trying to stifle a yawn. I wanted him to know I was serious about this and I was going to try my hardest. Trying my best to wake myself up and sound coherent, I forced myself to smile, "I'm ready." My voice came out much groggier than I had intended and I mentally kicked myself.

Dad turned around and choked on a laugh before smiling at me as if I'd done something endearing, "Princess, you're still in your pajamas."

What? I looked down and sure enough I was in pajamas. It was so hard for me to function this early that I had changed into different pajamas. Groaning, I turned around and stumbled back to my room to change into real clothes.

When I returned to the kitchen Dad laughed, "Amy, honey, those are just different pajamas. Maybe your subconscious is telling you to stay in bed."

I glanced downward, "not again!"

Dad chuckled and steered me back to my room, "Maybe you should stay home and rest."

"No, I can't." My voice came out whinier than I'd expected, it was too early. "I have to try my best." I protested.

Dad smiled and went to my wardrobe. He returned a moment later with a pair of sweatpants and a baggy sweatshirt that were sure to drown me and hide my body. I was too tried to protest and went to my attached bathroom to change. As I stepped out of the bathroom I got tripped up by the baggy sweatpants and nearly collided into one of my bookcases.

A strong arm caught me around the middle and righted me before any injury could befall me. "I don't think this is going to be very good to train in." I frowned as he set me on my feet and made sure I was alright.

Dad gently pat me atop the head, "it's alright, your wrist is still healing. You're not supposed to be overdoing it so I just want you to practice with your quirk today." He smiled.

It felt like I was getting the kiddie training regimen. I nodded my understanding though it was lacking enthusiasm. Perhaps he was just going to have a difficult time being tough on me, but how was I going to improve if I had to do everything with training wheels? Deciding I wouldn't let it get to me or make any judgements until after my cast came off and I could go back to doing things as normal, I followed him out the door. The doctors did tell him I shouldn't be doing a lot of physical stuff until my wrist was healed so I'd give him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't just being overprotective.

We arrived at a beach that looked more like a landfill than a beach. There was garbage and discarded appliances everywhere. It was awful. How could anyone let a beach fall into such a state of filth? As we arrived, I spotted Izuku already stretching and warming up. He looked up and I was swept into his bright green gaze. His freckle specked cheeks reddened as he spotted me.

"A-Amy." He stammered adorably, "G-good Morning."

Dad looked between the pair of us with a groan before realizing he hadn't been greeted, "what am I, chopped liver?"

Izuku looked beside me and jumped, "ah! Oh! Hey All Might. Good morning." He smiled nervously as he reached up to scratch the back of his head while babbling incoherently. Dad didn't seem too thrilled about being an afterthought.

"Good morning, Izuku." I greeted him with a shy smile.

"Good morning." He said with a dreamy smile.