Chapter Forty

~All Might's POV~

I'd spent most of the day with Naomasa trying to learn more about The League of Villains. We tried to get what information we could out of All For One and the other members we had in custody, but we weren't having a lot of luck. As the sun was starting to set, Aizawa called me. I answered right away worried something was wrong with Amy.

"Aizawa, what is it? Is Amy okay?!" My heart was racing as I began to imagine the worst.

I could hear him let out a sigh on the other end, "she had a rough day, I'm sure her classmates can handle it but it might be good for her to see you."

"What happened? Is she alright?" I panicked.

"She's alright... Monoma tried to borrow her quirk..." He trailed off.

"What happened?" I asked quietly, I'd already had my suspicions about Amy's quirk. Though she didn't have One For All, it was entirely possible that some traits still could have been passed along, like some of the protections to keep it from being forcibly taken.

"It seemed like her quirk rejected him...it nearly killed him...he got to Recovery Girl in time and she was able to heal him, but Amy took it pretty hard." Aizawa paused again before continuing, "...I also noticed her quirk isn't tiring her out as much as before when she uses it and it appears to have gotten stronger."

"I noticed that too. I think it has something to do with the trauma she's been through." Sometimes great trauma could make quirks stronger. Being captured by the villains was an extremely traumatizing experience for her, I was sure it was the cause for the change in her quirk.

"I think you might be right." He agreed.

"Thanks for looking after Amy for me, Aizawa. I appreciate it." I said before hanging up.

Naomasa looked up at me from his desk littered with our collected notes and data on The League, "everything okay with Amy?" He asked worried.

"She had a rough day; I'm going to take off." I looked a little guiltily at the mess of files I was leaving him with to clean up.

He waved me away with a reassuring smile, "go on."

I nodded and hurried out the door before hailing a cab. I got to the UA campus shortly after the sun had set and spotted Amy walking with young Shinso. They were much too close for comfort as he currently had his arm draped across her shoulders as they walked toward her dorm keeping her tucked in against him. It took everything I had not to get out of the cab and run towards them in a panic. The only thing keeping me from being overbearing was the small serene smile on Amy's lips. As much as I hated to admit it, he had a calming effect on her.

In the back of my mind I could faintly hear Ayumi protesting and telling me to get over there and break it up. I could practically feel her trying to punch me in the spine as I hesitated, giving them some more time together. Amy looked more relaxed and at peace than I had seen her in a very long while. I stiffly paid the cab before slowly walking in their direction. Shinso suddenly tensed and glanced over his shoulder at me before paling considerably.

"Hitoshi?" Amy's sweet voice was laced with worry as she looked to the sudden pallor of his skin, "are you alright?!"

"I suddenly feel like my life is in danger." He said with a grimace.

"W-what?!" Amy panicked and turned to look behind her, she spotted me and her eyes brightened, "Dad!" She ran to me.

I caught her in my arms and hugged her tight. "Hey Princess, Aizawa told me you had a rough day and could use a visit from Dad Might."