Chapter Four

~Amy's POV~

I nervously stepped into the large high-ceilinged foyer of the home of the richest girl from my all girls school. She invited the entire class over for a sleepover. I didn't want to go, I didn't have any friends in school, nobody wanted me there. Mom found the invitation I'd thrown away and made me go saying it would be a good opportunity to make friends with my classmates.

The maid who greeted me at the door led me to a dining hall that was set up with pricey decorations and had tables filled with fancy catered dishes. I'd seen countless sleepovers in teenage dramas, none ever looked like this. The rest of my classmates were already in the room and looked up in awe as they spotted me standing in the doorway.

A hush fell upon the room, none of them had expected me to show up. I nervously fidgeted in the doorway unconsciously rubbing my arm. "H-hello." My voice shook as I bowed my head.

The girls exchanged wary looks before Samantha, the host, a pretty girl with thick brunette curls and blue eyes, greeted me tonelessly, "Thanks for coming, Amber."

"...Ah...it's Amelia..."I corrected her with a squeak.

"Whatever." She shrugged before turning her attention to her friends.

The maid ushered me into the room before taking her leave. I hung back awkwardly sticking near the walls as out of the way as I could get, like an awkward wall ornament. No one approached me or gave me a second thought. They stood around and gossiped about their wealthy parents and all the boyfriends they supposedly had. After hours of them gossiping, we all retired to a giant home theater.

Samantha declared we'd be watching the latest horror movie and I paled before shakily raising my hand. Everyone turned to me. A few girls snickered as I awkwardly raised my hand not sure how else to get noticed.

"Yes, Amanda?"

I flinched, "...it's Amelia...I'm not allowed to watch scary movies."

Samantha smirked at this, "Well, Amaya, it's my party, so we'll do what I want."

The rest of the girls laughed.

I quietly took a seat at the back of the room as they proceeded to play the movie. Not even twenty minutes in and I was thoroughly traumatized and resorted to sitting with my knees pulled up to my chest. Holding my hands over my ears and clamping my eyes tightly shut I waited for the movie to be over. It was nearly impossible to block my senses with the surround sound, I could still hear everything.

After the movie was over, I was thoroughly freaked out. The other girls laughed at my expense and someone turned out the lights. They all laughed as I screamed in terror still shaken up from the horror movie.

"What a baby."

I wanted to go home!

After more mean pranks at my expense, I ended up calling my mom in the middle of the night in tears begging her to come pick me up. I couldn't sleep after that movie.

I woke up in tears. It was my fault mom died. If I had just sucked it up and stayed at the stupid sleepover, rather than be a crybaby, she wouldn't have had to come get me in the middle of the night and we wouldn't have gotten into that accident. I choked on a sob as my heart felt like it was shattering all over again.

There was a soft knock on my door, "Amy?"

I curled into a ball burying my face into a pillow to muffle my crying. My bedroom door opened slowly, just a crack.