Chapter Fifty

~Amy's POV~

The morning I was to leave for my very first work study, my stomach was tying itself into nervous knots. I glanced at the full length mirror, it seemed like the skirt of my costume had somehow gotten even shorter than the last time. I wasn't sure why I had to wear it when it seemed like I'd be stuck in an office all day. A soft giggle escaped me as Ritsu scurried up my body and quickly took his place in my hair hiding partially behind the tiara. I reached up and gave him some gentle pets.

"Are you coming too?" I asked hopefully.

He poked his little head up over my tiara and met my gaze in the mirror before nodding adamantly.

"That makes me feel much better." I relaxed a little before straightening out my uniform, a nervous habit. I took a deep breath and exited my room.

When I reached the ground floor, I found my way to the front door blocked by all my classmates. Even Present Mic and Mr. Aizawa were lying in wait. Present Mic was supposed to be taking Bakugo and Todoroki to their supplemental training lesson but I wasn't sure why Mr. Aizawa was here.

"Good Morning." I greeted them all with a shy smile, wondering why they were all blocking my path.

"Where are you completing your work study?" All the girls blurted at once.

"Who is it with?!" The boys demanded.

"EEP!" I squeaked as all my classmates swarmed toward me, surrounding me worriedly. Ritsu shifted atop my head and I had a feeling he was suddenly standing in a defensive stance holding his teeny tiny paws up like fists ready to punch all of my classmates. "Th-The Dispatch Hero: Tech." I answered in a panic and flinched as they all rushed me.

"Deku?" Bakugo growled, not recognizing the name but trusting in Midoriya's encyclopedic knowledge of all things hero.

"Tech, they're more of a behind the scenes hero. Their quirk deals with electronics and helps them monitor hundreds of live surveillance feeds at once, because of Tech response times have become way faster and more efficient since they can see things happening and dispatch the right person right away." Midoriya rambled.

I noticed my classmates relax, a few breathed sighs of relief and I let out a dejected sigh as I realized they were all relieved I wouldn't be in any danger since I'd be stuck in a room watching cameras all day long. The biggest danger I'd face would likely be burning myself on hot beverages or getting a paper cut on sticky notes. It felt like they were all looking down on me and doubting my capabilities.

"What a waste," Bakugo huffed, "I was really hoping I'd get to see you punch someone else in the face." He smirked.

My heart skipped a beat. He believed in me! Without thinking, I threw my arms around him, overwhelmed by the simple fact that he believed in me. "Thank you, Katsuki." I sniffled as I was overcome with emotion.

He tensed up, caught off guard for a moment before his strong arms gently encircled me, giving me a quick squeeze before he shoved me away from him. "Get going." He grumbled.

Everyone else offered me smiles and their own words of encouragement before parting. I wondered if I'd been completing my work study with someone else if they'd have refused to let me leave. I paused as I reached Present Mic and Mr. Aizawa. Present Mic looked as relieved as the majority of my classmates, which was a little disheartening. Mr. Aizawa frowned.

"Did your father suggest this?" Mr. Aizawa asked me curiously.

I nodded.

He shook his head but said nothing more on the subject before opening the door for me. "Well, let's get going."