Chapter Seventeen

~Toshinori's POV~

It was nearly 24 hours before Amy regained consciousness. Her quirk was too much for her to control when she was under duress. When she finally regained consciousness Friday afternoon she was exhibiting flu like symptoms her body was weak and she had a fever off and on throughout the day. Despite how sickly and weak she felt all she was concerned about was the wellbeing of her classmates and teachers. Once I reassured her, they were all okay, she became concerned that she'd hurt someone with her quirk and nearly had a meltdown. I told her everything was fine; I didn't want her worrying over anything. There had only been one villain who'd appeared to have gone flying out of a building who'd been injured enough for any medical treatment and was currently lying in the prison infirmary with a few broken bones. The creature that had attacked me was able to regenerate, so the damage she'd done to it had all been mended.

She spent all day Friday in bed drifting in and out of fever dreams. Naomasa stopped by throughout the day to keep me posted about the investigation on the villains that had attacked the USJ and to check in on Amy's condition. Makoto tagged along and shooed me away telling me to go get some sleep as I'd been sitting at Amy's bedside all night and day.

I'd managed to get a few hours of rest thanks to Makoto tending to Amy and returned to my post late Friday evening. At some point in the night I'd dozed off at her bedside and woke up the next morning to find my head resting against the side of her bed. I sat up with a start and looked to Amy's sleeping form. I breathed a sigh of relief as I noticed she appeared to be sleeping soundly. Her skin wasn't as lifelessly pale as it had been, she had some of her color back and appeared to be breathing easy and showed no sign of fever.

Her bright blue eyes fluttered open. She seemed alarmed to find herself in her bed but relaxed when she spotted me. I placed a hand to her forehead to make sure she didn't have a fever and felt all the worry that had been draining me finally catch up as my body sagged with relief, her fever was completely gone.

"How are you feeling, Princess?" I asked her with a smile.

"I feel okay." She tried to sit up but I placed a hand on her shoulder and stopped her.

"I want you to keep resting for today."

She glanced over at me sitting uncomfortably on the floor and concern filled her bright blue eyes, "can I rest in the living room?"

I couldn't help but smile as I realized it was so I would also be comfortable. "Alright." I reached for a warm fleece blanket at the foot of her bed before pulling back the covers and wrapping the soft blanket around her.

She tried to protest as I scooped her up into my arms and carried her into the living room. "Ah! But what about your injuries?"

"I'm alright, Princess." I offered her a reassuring smile as I set her down on the sofa before running back to her room to get her some pillows, a plushie and an extra blanket. When I returned, I tucked the plushie under her arm, and placed the pillows under her head and around her so she was propped up comfortably.

"Dad." Amy smiled and caught my hand in hers before I could rush off in search of something else, I thought she needed. "I'm okay...really."

I squeezed her hand tightly in mine and bowed my head letting out a deep sigh. "Sorry. Am I going, overboard?"

She bit her lip not wanting to hurt my feelings before shaking her head and smiling brightly, "it's okay."

"Sorry, Princess...I don't think I have any other settings when it comes to you, I think it's always going to be overboard." I sighed.