Chapter Forty Seven

~Amy's POV~

I woke with a giggle as I felt something cuddly soft and warm nestled against my neck. Ritsu stretched beside me tickling me with his teeny tiny paws. I giggled again and he hurriedly scrambled atop my chest so I could see him and did some kind of weird bow/salute.

"Good Morning, Ritsu, did you sleep okay?" I asked him with a smile.

He nodded his furry little head and I gingerly reached out to give him some scritches.

"I slept much better." I grinned, "thanks for keeping all the nightmares away."

Ritsu stood up a bit straighter at this and it almost seemed like he'd puffed out his teeny furry chest. I gave him a few gentle pets and some more scritches under his chin which he really seemed to enjoy before reluctantly climbing out of bed.

It was the first day that classes would be returning to normal after the break and all that had happened with The League of Villains and Dad retiring as a hero. Ritsu settled himself atop my head after I put my hair in a loose bun and tagged along as I completed my morning routine and got ready for the day. We headed down to the kitchen. Midoriya and Bakugo were busy cleaning. As part of their punishment they had to stay on house arrest and weren't even allowed to attend classes. I felt guilty, I'd broken the rules too and even destroyed the entire training grounds at Ground Beta.

"Good morning." I greeted them both, I tried my best to sound chipper but there was a morose edge to my voice.

They both turned to me. Midoriya beamed brighter than ever, Bakugo looked me over before his lips pulled into a frown.

"Good morning, Amy." Midoriya chimed back with a smile.

"What's wrong?" Bakugo growled.

"H-huh?" Midoriya and I replied simultaneously.

"Your voice sounded weird. What are you beating yourself up over now?" Bakugo glowered at me.

"N-nothing. I-I'm fine." I squeaked.

"If you're feeling guilty because we're on house arrest and you're not, get over it!" Bakugo snapped.

"Uh, Kacchan-." Midoriya attempted to chime in.

"Shut up, loser!" Bakugo snarled.

I strangely felt a little better after Bakugo told me not to worry about it, in Bakugo fashion. I managed a smile. "Would you two like breakfast?"

Midoriya looked at me with stars in his eyes. "Breakfast from Amy." He said in a daze, "I have to tell mo-."

"Shut the hell up, Deku!" Bakugo threw his dust rag in Midoriya's face. He rounded on me, "just make breakfast for yourself."

"Oh. O-okay." I blushed. I thought everyone liked my cooking. Maybe they didn't. A lot of my classmates ate meat and I only cooked vegetarian meals, perhaps it was more of a hindrance. I should have been more considerate.

"Now what the hell is wrong?!" Bakugo yelled, though his voice had an almost panicked edge to it as he moved toward me.

"I'm sorry, I thought everyone liked my cooking but I guess I didn't really consider-." I didn't get to finish my sentence as Bakugo let out a loud snarl of frustration.

"Fine! I want breakfast!" He placed his hands atop my shoulders and steered me into the kitchen.

"But-?" I looked at him, confused.

"I like your cooking!" Bakugo snapped.

Midoriya stared at him wide eyed.

Ritsu let out a loud squeak and leapt off my head and onto Bakugo's and appeared to be trying his hardest to punch Bakugo, though it appeared to be having little to no effect.