Chapter Thirty Four

A/N: 5th one (all the rapid updates) make sure you don't miss the previous chapters, was on a bit of an update spree ^-^

~Amy's POV~

The hospital was kind of a blur. I was in and out of consciousness most the time and had no idea what was real or a nightmare. I woke a few days after the incident surprised to find myself laying on one of the big comfy couches in the living room back at home. I was completely surrounded by plushies, there was a mountain of new ones overflowing on a recliner and spilling to the floor around it. I vaguely remembered all of Class 1A, and Class 1B visiting me in the hospital, with the exception of Bakugo, everyone who visited had brought me a plushie, even Monoma, though I had a hunch Kendo might have forced him.

The coffee table was littered with vases filled with bright flowers. There were dozens of brightly colored and glitter bedecked get well cards in a neat little letter box sitting on the floor next to the mountain of plushies. I noticed two familiar plushies tucked under my arms, the orange hedgehog that Bakugo had gotten me before, and the blue cat that Todoroki had gotten me. There was another new plushie, it was a super soft fluffy unicorn. I was struggling to remember where it had come from. When did I get home?

A horrifying thought crossed my mind, was it all a dream? I heard the shrieking of grating metal in the back of my mind and almost fell off the couch. Panic gripped me, "Dad!"

I heard a clatter from his bedroom and some hurried rustling before his bedroom door swung open. He too was covered in bandages, his clothes were somewhat askew and his hair was damp, he'd just been in the shower. "Princess, what's wrong?"

I felt ridiculous and bowed my head apologetically, "s-sorry. I scared myself."

My mind started to clear as the panic settled and I unconsciously hugged the unicorn plush closer to me as I remembered who had given it to me. In one of my few moment of consciousness in the hospital, I'd woken to Shinso holding my hand. Present Mic and Grampa Torino were with me while Dad and Mr. Aizawa went to talk to the parents of all my classmates. I'd been simultaneously startled and relieved to see Shinso and burst into tears. He panicked and shoved the fluffy unicorn at me in an attempt to get me to stop crying.

Dad noticed me hugging the plush and smiled, "don't apologize, it's alright for you to be scared." He straightened his shirt stiffly due to his bandaged arms and joined me in the living room.

I smiled as he gently lifted the pillow I was resting on, propping me up so he could sit down. I felt safer with him beside me. He gently smoothed his hands through my hair and all the scary noises that had been echoing in my mind faded away to nothing. I felt myself start to relax.

There was a thundering knock at the door, startling us both. I squeezed the plushies tightly against me and tried to keep from letting out a whimper as I envisioned the scary white Nomu on the other side of the door. Dad gently shifted me so he could get up and answer the door.

"Dad." I panicked as he moved away.

"It's okay." He reassured me and went to see who was at the door.

I struggled to sit up, clinging tightly to my plushies as I waited in a state of perpetual terror. Dad reached the door and paused as he spotted whoever was on the other side. He opened the door and smiled at whoever was there.

"Young Bakugo, is everything alright?"

Bakugo? I felt my heart skip a beat. Dad stepped aside so he could come inside. My heart raced as he stepped through the door. His crimson eyes fell on me cowering on the sofa clinging to my plushies for comfort and I saw him clench his fists tightly as he was consumed with rage.