Meditation Basics

What is meditation?

Meditation is a practice where one uses various techniques in order to train the mind to achieve a mentally clear, calm, and stable state. Meditation is a skill and may take a bit of practice to feel more comfortable and natural. Think of it like exercising a muscle that you don't normally use. With time, you get more advanced at it, and it becomes easier.

Benefits of meditation:

Meditation has many mental, emotional and physical benefits. On top of this, it is extremely helpful for shifting because it allows for a clear, calm mind. This can make it easier to focus on your DR and channel all of your energy into shifting. Meditation can reduce stress, relieve anxiety, provide a more positive self-image and outlook on life, enhance self-awareness, lengthen attention span, improve sleep, generate kindness, decrease blood pressure, and more.

How do you meditate?

There are many different types of meditation, and it is up to you to experiment with these types and find what works for you. You can use more than one technique, and depending on your mood, some may be more beneficial than others at any given time. The most important part of meditation is that you feel comfortable. If your mind wanders and you forget to focus, don't be too hard on yourself, it is all part of the process.