Gratitude

Benefits of gratitude:

Gratitude is the quality of being thankful and appreciative for all that you have. It is a great tool to reflect on how lucky you are to be alive and how fortunate you are to even be reading this document. It is scientifically proven to have many mental and physical benefits. Not only can it make you happier, practicing gratitude can also improve relationships, psychological health, self-esteem, and mental strength. Toxic emotions are reduced, and empathy is enhanced, leading to a more positive outlook on life. On the physical side of things, practicing gratitude can improve sleep, energy levels, cardiovascular health, and general physical health.

How to practice gratitude:

There are various ways to practice gratitude. Simply listing a few things you're grateful for, every morning and night, can have extreme positive impacts on your life. It is recommended to practice gratitude daily; it is not very time-consuming. Some ways to introduce gratitude into your life are practicing mindfulness, volunteering, and spending time with loved ones. You can also start a gratitude journal, where you write, reflect and appreciate the things you're grateful for, preferably daily. Another way to practice gratitude is to go on gratitude walks. This involves going for a short, 10-20 minute walk, with the intention of being grateful. Walk at a leisurely pace with a calm, grateful state of mind, soaking in your surroundings and being present in the moment. Take notice of positive sights, such as children playing, birds flying, or trees swaying. Focus on all 5 of your senses to fully take in your surroundings.