Chapter 13

Elena Parker POV:

Entering what I assumed Adam's room, I groaned and took off my shoe, my feet ached of heels wearing. Oh god, this is the most horrifying night of my life, what kind of family is this? For sure I'm not welcome here.

Staying here for the night is unexpected, but what I gotta say. The weather isn't cooperative, like what can make this night more crappy. That bitch called me a gold digger and her husband flirted with me while she did so. 

What kind of crap is this? what can go worse than this? 

My eyes widened when my gaze settles on the bed. Holly shit! 

I met Adam's eyes and he seems to get the situation. There is no way I'm sharing a bed with him. We must find something else, anything. My gaze roams the room, looking for a sofa. No sofa! 

"I get the bed," I say quickly and throw myself on the bed. Adam chuckles and crosses his arms in front of his chest, "You are a child." 

My eyebrows shot in amusement, "I'm a grown woman of twenty," I state raising myself and looking at him sternly. He looks at me, bringing his face close to mine, "Okay, grown woman."

"Are you really twenty?" his eyebrows knotted curiously. This man searched for my dad and everything about me and he can't remember my age? A small laugh escaped through, "Yes, I'm." 

"Well, that means I'm fourteen years older than you," he mumbles as if he talked to himself. A quick shady look crossed his face. His eyes seem dim this close, but he quickly snaps back and back off. 

Fourteen years? as James said that day, Adam is thirty-four. I mean now I understand why everyone in his family looked stunned when they learned that I'm still a student. looking at this huge mansion and this massive room, it explains how he has the money to close my father's debt. 

"You are a funny man," I smile. His hands ruffle through his dark hair, "Really! and how so?" 

I hummed, "Well, who marries a strange girl out of no where? I mean many are willing to be in my place at the moment, why me?" 

A wash of sadness cross his face, his lips a thin line, "Personal matter, I will tell you one day. Just not now," he shook his head. I nodded, but the sense of curiosity still makes me wonder why exactly this man needed a wife? 

"I guess you still want the bed?" he says making his way to the closet and that made me realize that I'm wearing a dress, I facepalmed my forehead. How I'm supposed to sleep in this,  looking down at my attire. 

"Here," Adam's hand extended a white long sleeves shirt. I questionably looked at it, am not wearing his shirt. 

"It's a clean one," he leaves it on the bed. Thunder sound filled the room along with lightning that crept from the glass of the windows. A goosebump rushes over my skin, I hate thunderstorms it bring memories that I don't want to recall anymore. 

My heart races, my breath quickens. No! I need to calm down, it's just a storm, it will end soon. My hands nervously shake, I quickly stand and take the shirt with me. Trembling, I made my way towards the toilet. 

This toilet is larger than my dorm room, it screams expensive. Looking at my reflection on the huge mirror, I sighed. What the hell did I get myself into, I just want to go home. I don't want to do this anymore. 

My eyes water and I quickly wipe off tears. This is for your father remember! I take a deep breath and take off my dress. The shirt wears big on me, the length of it ends on my knees. I look like a ghost, a sudden urge to laugh came to me.