Chapter 27

Elena Parker POV:

There is a gold dress and a pair of black Louboutin that has been staring at me for nearly an hour now, and I'm staring back. 

I chewed on my lips, debating whether should I accept this or not. All I knew is that I came back from classes to find a big brown box with a red tie on top, resting on the bed. Without a thought, I knew exactly who left this here. It's Adam, but what for? 

An arm snaked over my waist and another on my shoulders. My back is pressed on his chest. His scent announced his presence behind me. "Hey beautiful," his deep voice announced near my right ear. Chills ran over my spine, and I stilled in my place. 

"What's this for?" I gestured curiously with my head towards the box in front of me. Adam's head lightly rested on my shoulder, his breaths fanning my neck. He remained silent for a minute, "There is a wedding to attend." 

A wedding? my eyebrows furrowed when I realized whose wedding he is referring to, and my stomach can't help but flip in uneasiness. I very much don't want to go and I don't know how exactly I'm going to deliver the news to him. 

"Umm..." that's all that I said. Adam groans behind my back and lightly begin to rotate me to face him. He can sense my discomfort as his eyes skeptically scanned my features. "You don't want to go?"

His question remained hanging in the air between us. I do want to say that I don't wish to go but looking at his amazed look revealed his surprise as if he didn't expect me to refuse to go with him. So I swallow my discomfort and force a smile on my lips, "I just didn't know that I was invited." 

"Why wouldn't you be invited?" Adam said kitting his eyebrows, his thumb caressing my shoulder. He added, "You are my wife, of course, you are invited." 

"When is it anyway?" I asked. 

Adam's hand scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. A silly smile on his lips, "Seven hours from now," he sheepishly said. 

My mouth gaped in startle, "You serious? I thought it will be next month." 

"Yeah, well. They hastened it," he simply shrugged his shoulder. I really can't believe him right now, couldn't he just tells me earlier. "So you are telling me that I have seven hours to get ready and attend your best friend's wedding," I exclaimed. 

I mean seven hours is more than enough to get ready, it's just that I haven't prepared myself mentally. That night at his family's mansion was more than enough! Great just great! 

Adam was about to say something but his phone ringing tone drifted his attention. His hands dropped to his jeans pocket. He looked at his screen and his features immediately shift to a blank canvas. Lips pressed in a thin line, he left the room. 

What was that about? I shrugged my shoulders helplessly and carried on my staring session at the dress.

Taking the dress out of the box, I slenderly raised it in front of me. It sparkled with a few gems that were lined on the waist. The top was strapless. A long split arose on the left side all the way to the thigh area. There is no way I'm wearing this. 

The black patent leather shoes with their red soles stared at me, and I can't help but sigh. It's indeed gorgeous. But it's an expensive one, and I shouldn't accept it. Even though my relationship with Adam is quite close and sincere, it doesn't mean that I forgot about this deal coming to an end. 

I love Adam, yes. But I never said it to him, nor did he expresses anything similar. We made love, we kiss but that doesn't change anything. Even if my heart leaps in pain, every time I remember our deal. He never said anything about it and that doesn't mean he won't.