Chapter 29

Elena Parker POV: 

'I will always find you, Elena. This is not done, not YET!' 

'You are a monster, Felix! A monster." 

'Elena' 

'Elena' 

"Elena....." I gasped for air, my body trembled and burned in fever. My eyes sight felt blurry as I scanned the place, I'm in our room. It was a dream, it wasn't real. Adam's hand rested on my back, "It's fine, you were dreaming." 

My hand reached my forehead, it was damp with sweat. "You were crying," Adam said bringing his fingertips to my cheeks. So it was all dream? or did I really meet Felix at Chase's wedding? My throat felt dry, "water, please." 

The bed mattress shifted as Adam stood and headed for the kitchen. He will come for me again, and history will repeat itself. My heart raced in my chest, I can't breathe! I can't breathe! Struggling to free myself of the covers, I stumbled out of bed. 

No! No! not a panic attack. My body trembled with chills, my lungs burned in my chest. You are fine! No! He is coming for me again! Shakingly I wiped my hands on my face. Calm down, Elena! 

He came back with a glass of water in his hand. My eyes turned wide, the blue eyes turned green and the damned scar gleamed over his jaw. Flinching, I blinked once and the one who stood wasn't Felix, it was Adam. Sighing in relief, my legs kind of give up, and before I knew it I was on the floor. 

What's wrong with me? Am I hallucinating? 

"Here," Adam extended the glass of water. His features were painted with worry and confusion. He drops himself to the floor in front of me. "Elena, what is it?" his eyes Longley gazed into mine as if he will find an answer in them. 

Sipping from the glass, I swiftly shifted my gaze away from his questioning stare. I don't even know how to answer him and where to start. Lowering the glass and dumping it on the floor, unconsciously tears streamed down my cheeks. 

"You are crying, again," Adam said lowly as if he was whispering to himself. 

"No, I'm not. I'm fine," I uttered as if saying it out loud will make it real that I'm fine. 

Adam smiled a small smile before he opens his arms. I questionably raised my gaze at him but then I couldn't help myself but crawl to his embrace. My sobs became heavier, as I buried my head in his chest. Tightening his grip on me, his hands gently rubbed my back. 

"It's okay, I'm here," his hands caressing my hair. 

"I'm scared, Adam. Don't you ever let me go," I said. And by my words, I felt him flinch? Slowly, I looked up at him. His features were unreadable, oh I think I shouldn't have said that. Untangling my arms, I stood up smoothing my pajama shirt. 

"Sorry, I shouldn't have said that," I shrugged fighting to put a smile on my face, fighting my thoughts of the deal that I recently forgot about. Adam won't stay with me forever, I know that. He stood slenderly, his eyes held mine in sadness. 

I felt time stopped. The sound of morning rain filled the room, disturbing the deadly silence of our glances. "It's raining," I mumbled rubbing my cold arms. I turned around to look at the window that was covered with the running drops of rain. 

"It always rained when you are sad," Adam voiced behind me. Yes, it did, it's as if the sky carries the weight of my tears, or maybe it's just a coincidence who knows. 

"Do you by any chance know Felix Ivanov?" my blood chilled at his question. Of course, he will ask about that, he isn't stupid to not notice the way I was terrified when I met him yesterday.