Chapter 18

Elena Parker POV:

I hate him, but I ache his touch. I despise him, but my stomach knot when I hear his voice. I want to walk away from him, but he finds moments to pull me into his embrace and shatter me when he labels those moments to be meaningless.

Recalling what had happened yesterday, he back hugged me and acted coldly afterward. He can't do me like this, getting me in his embrace and touches, and then wants to act like it didn't happen. Well, it doesn't matter to him so it shouldn't matter to me either.  

Adam Rutherford is a cruel wicked man, he sure is.  

"Hey," a male voice pulled me off my thoughts. Looking at my right, blond hair catches my sight. Oh, I know him! 

"Hey, Eric," I regarded back with a hoarse voice, thanks to the cold. He slides in the chair next to me, extending his arms on the table. I wonder what brought Eric Turner, the famous athlete of our university to my history class?

Why exactly is he sitting next to me? we barely know each other.  

The class is nearly full, few students passed by the door before Mr. Fitz gets in the room. The fifty years old man carried a bunch of heavy thick books, his half baled head dropping in salute, "Good morning."

"I don't like this old man, he always gives me these feelings that we are in a war arena whenever he starts to talk," Eric said resting his hand under his sculpted jaw. A small laugh escapes my mouth as I said, "Well yes, he kind of does but I like his class." 

Eric looks at me as if I grew horns at my scalp, "You are the first and only one who likes his classes, everyone is terrified to even speak to him." 

My eyebrows knot in confusion, well Mr. Fitz isn't that bad. He might sound a little bit firm, but he is a good man. I lowered my voice, and slightly shrugs "Don't judge people too early, you never know." 

Mr. Fitz starts talking and to that, the class babbling shuts down. "Okay, so today's class discussion will be about Bolshevism and their revolution." 

The Bolsheviks? Russian history then it is for today, why though? Eric nudges my sweater sleeve, and I shift my attention to him. My eyebrows shot as to say what?  

"Are you good? you look sick?" he asked. Does he even know my name? I don't think so, but whatever I don't really know why he is sitting beside me anyways. I nodded my head, "Yeah, I am. It's just a cold."

Mr. Fitz shot us a look and stops lecturing. Oh shit! 

"Miss Parker," he addressed, crossing his arms. Oh God, please spare me from this man's anger. My eyes closed for a second, "Yes." 

"Would you like to tell us about the movement ? who found it? when and why?" he asked challengingly as if he thinks he will embarrass me, and that I wouldn't have an answer. Too bad, it's not your day Mr. Fitz. 

"The Bolsheviks were a revolutionary Marxist faction, founded by Vladimir Lenin and Alexandar Bogdanov. From 1918-1920 Russia experienced a civil war between the Bolsheviks and The White Army. In which The Bolsheviks win. The movement believed that the new Russian government should be communist, and so Russia became the first communist country in the world." 

I finished my answer by adding, "I hope that answers your question, sir."

Mr. Fitz smiled at me while students gave me some stares. "Well done Miss Parker, are you a history major?" 

"No sir, English lit," I answered. Glancing at Eric at my side, a look of admiration rested on his handsome face. 

"Too bad, you will make a great history student," he stated before going back to what he was saying. Picking up my pen I started writing notes, feeling Eric's stare burning at my side face.