Chapter 19

Elena Parker POV:

I feel like I have been watched, and so my eyesight lifted to my surrender. It's James, he has been staring at me as if his stare will somehow burn my face. I didn't look away, on contrary, I exchanged death glares. 

If it's possible, I will jump at him and claws his eyes, but I value my life to be valuable than dumping it in prison, and for whose sake? a piece of shit. Adam is looking at us from behind his desk, a look of dissatisfaction on his face. Ignoring both of them, I opened my notebook. 

"I need you to get everything out of your table," Adam stood behind his desk, a stack of papers in his hands. Eyebrows knotted, I looked around me. My gaze settled on Mia who happens to sit on my left. 

"What's going on?" I asked. She looked at me, adjusting her glasses, "a test." 

A test? and why the hell I have no idea about it, my heartbeat quicken. I hate when such a thing happens, I never miss a test and I'm pretty sure that I haven't heard him say anything about it. 

Reaching my phone, my fingers tapped quickly. 

'Is this a joke? are you serious?' 

Adam read my message and raised his head in my direction. A small mischievous smile snakes its way on his lips, as he writes.

'Aha, maybe if you didn't miss that class you would know.' 

Confusion mask on my face, which class? Oh, that class. I sighed in frustration, he is referring to the time of the Millwards. The memory of his lips against mine sent shivers down my spine. Focus. Elena!

'And you couldn't remind me of that this morning?' I wrote back. 

'I'm your teacher now, so don't mix our personal life with the academic one.' his eyebrow arched teasingly. 

My mouth gaped in frustration, for I can't find words to utter. Abandoning my phone in my pocket, I swallowed my frustration. Papers were distributed, mine laid on the table as I scanned it clueless about the question. 

There is one question, 'Write in 500 words, a comparison between 19th century and present-day in terms of fiction elements.'

I glared at Adam, really is he for real? an essay question on the third class. What a wicked creature, he is? 

Pen squeezed in my hand, I took a deep breath and tried to think about something to write. Blank. Nothing I can think of. My head pounded with headache, my throat sore. Fever burned my cheeks. As if nothing is in my favor today. 

I need to write something, and so I randomly started writing. This will be the worst piece of writing that I write in my entire life, but I don't care. I just want to get out of his class, but where to? I can't go to the dorms anymore, since I already moved in with him. 

The feelings of being stuck with him day and night, made my stomach knot. The dorms was my escape, but now I have to share a place with him. A mix of emotions washed over me, it is like am delighted and sick at the same time. 

Obscurity is what defines the way I feel about him. It's like I want him for a second and despises him on the following. I shook off my thought as I carried writing nonsense. My gaze wandered towards James to see him not writing anything. 

Whatever! 

"Time is up!" Adam uttered. I frowned in resentment. Studying my paper, it's a hideous mess. Nothing I wrote made sense. Mia stood from her chair and turned in her paper, as everyone did. Students passed through the door and left the class.