10 • Surprises

"Why did you make me wait in the locker room?" West asked the second I marched in

I gave him an amused look before peeling off my shirt and shorts, grabbing a towel, and striding towards the showers.

Not wanting to answer his question.

West followed after me like a lost puppy. Still wearing the green shirt and shorts I'd loaned him.

"Seriously, South. I could have come with you to the meeting. Camilla knows me."

If Camilla thought I was sweaty, she would've died seeing my brother. He was drenched, cheeks still pink and splotchy from our ten-mile beach run.

"If Camilla saw you, she'd of thought we went swimming. Not running," I told West. "You need to treat your body better. Drink more water and take your damn vitamins."

"Yeah, I heard you."

When West asked if he could crash on my couch instead of staying at our parent's house, I told him there would be conditions. The first being he got up when I got up. The second that he kept his shit off my floor and wiped up after himself. The third being he matched my workouts.

Running did wonders for a busy mind. It gave you something to focus on—like breathing. And West needed something else to focus on.

He hadn't told me why he suddenly wanted to stay with me after we left the wedding in New York, but I'd had a suspicion it had something to do with Stella.

Which was exactly why I had him hiding in the locker room. I noticed that pearl white Aston Martin his best friend drove in valet parking. West didn't need to see Fredericksen and his girlfriend all cozy.

Well, that and I didn't want to drop in on Camilla with my little brother in tow.

I turned on the tap, letting hot water and billowing steam fill the shower. "Don't make me throw you in the water with your clothes on. You smell worse than a room full of damp sack."

West rolled his eyes. Drama, drama. "And I'm sure you smell like forest pine."

I grabbed my cock. "Wanna sniff?"

West turned away before he peeled off that sweaty rag of a shirt. He'd be keeping that nasty set of clothes. It certainly wasn't going in the laundry hamper with my shit.

West was chuckling when he shut the shower door, and I couldn't help but grin. As much shit as I liked to give West, I was glad we had this time to hang out.